Information Way too late...

Chaosian

Ok so here's my gripe, I don't care for Steam, I don't have any friends on it, I don't use it except for games where it forces me to use it, and now here we are, New Vegas is using this bullcrap system.

So why did they ditch GFWL? I mean I bassically could play Fallout 3 on PC, with the mods I wanted installed, and get achivements that count towards my Xbox tag, got my cake and got to eat it too.

So why this dumb ass switch?

Next and probably more important is this, Xbox 360 is getting the DLC first? Ok, I know this happened with Fallout 3 and PS3 not getting it for a while, but like why do I feel that by dropping GFWL that PC users are now going to have to wait too?

*Sigh* my last gripe is that this information was released WAY too late, I have a collecter's Edition of New Vegas for PC waiting for me at Gamestop, and I learned of this crap like litterally TODAY OCT. 18th, one day before release. So I can't change the preorder to 360, not that I really want to, cause you can't mod 360 games.

So am I pissed for no reason or does this all seem valid thing to be mad about?

Also last thing I know it has Steam Achivements... but as I said I DON'T CARE ABOUT STEAM.

Ok so here's my gripe, I don't care for Steam, I don't have any friends on it, I don't use it except for games where it forces me to use it, and now here we are, New Vegas is using this bullcrap system.

So why did they ditch GFWL? I mean I bassically could play Fallout 3 on PC, with the mods I wanted installed, and get achivements that count towards my Xbox tag, got my cake and got to eat it too.

So why this dumb ass switch?

Next and probably more important is this, Xbox 360 is getting the DLC first? Ok, I know this happened with Fallout 3 and PS3 not getting it for a while, but like why do I feel that by dropping GFWL that PC users are now going to have to wait too?

*Sigh* my last gripe is that this information was released WAY too late, I have a collecter's Edition of New Vegas for PC waiting for me at Gamestop, and I learned of this crap like litterally TODAY OCT. 18th, one day before release. So I can't change the preorder to 360, not that I really want to, cause you can't mod 360 games.

So am I pissed for no reason or does this all seem valid thing to be mad about?

Also last thing I know it has Steam Achivements... but as I said I DON'T CARE ABOUT STEAM.

First, you're the only person in the world that likes GFWL. It was/is terrible, buggy and inefficient.

Second, this information isn't new, so it was released before. Your just learning of it now doesn't change that the information was readily available.

I also highly doubt PC users will be waiting at all. That article didn't even mention the PC and seemed to be aimed at consoles. The sky isn't falling.

yea i know it inst bugged, and i understand where the logic comes from i was stationed in wa. but just because it isnt 12 am there and it is here doesn't mean i should wait til 3 am. when i start class at 9:30 am it doesn't mean you have to go to the same class at 6:30 does it? just because i get it technically before the pacific doesn't mean that changed anything i have to do the next day. by there logic technically i cant stay up and wait, i have to be at class at 9:30am no matter what . soo if i were on the pst time and i got it at midnight and still had class at 9:30 its no big deal, but now put yourself in my shoes you have to wait til 3 am before you can even install and the game and you still have to be up at 8 to go to school. that's where the logic fails, just because i get it before you doesn't mean the rest of my schedules changes. why don't we all just wait until Europe gets it too? there on the same time as us right?

What a fine statement the young man made.

Honestly, there's absolutely no sense in complaining about Steam. GFWL is bugged up the A%&% and everyone had problems with it, so it basically makes sense that they quit it.

I guess everyone complained about Steam when it initially came with HL2, but people learned what a nifty little tool and platform it is. And now I can't imagine being without Steam.

True, the change to Steam is a pain in the a&& for 360 users...but ultimately Fallout and it's precedesor is a PC game. Head on, buy a PC, you also get the benefit to mod New Vegas^^