Information Way too late...

Chaosian

- Automatic patches my games with the newest version.

- Online Store. Its is way cheaper than buying a physic copy of the game ( if u count gas/shipment fee ) and I can re-download it any time, anywhere. I live in Brazil and theres no way I could get my copy of the game here on the launch day.

- They always make some special cheap offers like the star-war pack.

- Friends system. Just like a messenger, you can chat with your friends while playing any game, even if it dont support steam, you can just add it on the game library and it will work. Also voice-chat, groups, achievments.

- With the friends system I can see all the games my friends have and invite them to play it ( co-op, multiplayer ), etc...

Steam is a great system. its simple and does the job that it was intended to. If you use it for a while, you will notice how great steam really is and how easy it makes keeping your games updated.

I'd like to add:

Easy to navigate interface. I've never had a problem finding/acquiring/downloading anything through steam, no extra hoops to jump through.

No 'points' or 'alterna-cash' system compared to others. Prices are all listed in real monetary units, with no need to first purchase an extraneous amount of points to then buy a game.