Possible sound fix and character creator issue

neko1kitty

I also had the delayed sound, the lack of npc voice and the problem at doc Mitchell's house here's what I did:

Firstly I disassociated winamp from ogg files then I downloaded the silent hill homecoming patch v11 from here http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm and I put the vars_pc.cfg file in the data folder and the rest in the fallout new vegas folder where the exe is.I thought of this because this patch was used by players when Bioshock 2 had extreme lagging problems with the menus, maps etc.I don't know if this patch or the disassociation helped but the patch title appeared in-game so that's maybe it.

WOW it actually worked...

Thanks neko1kitty you and Boris Vorontsov (ENBSeries Master) are my New Vegas heroes :^D

The Bethesda Forums FAQ says to delete the Fallout New Vegas Folder. The one located at My Documents/My Games/FNV. Then launch the default fallout 3 launcher so that it autocreates the file.

did you mean to say " My Documents/My Games/FNV" or /My Documents/My Games/FalloutNV

and maybe: not "fallout 3 launcher " because this is about Fallout New Vegas?

I moved the files FalloutPrefs.ini Fallout.ini to a sub-folder /My Documents / My Games / FalloutNV / T rather than deleting the whole folder then ran FalloutNVLauncher.exe but without the ENBSeries patch the sound lag did not change. After the ENBSeries Patch v11 for Silent Hill Homecoming was installed I ran FalloutNVLauncher and the game automatically re-detected my video card and rewrote the FalloutPrefs.ini. Then when I ran the game again a message about Patch v11 for Silent Hill Homecoming displayed briefly. Now my frame rates greatly improved and sounds (voices, gunshots, footfalls) are in sink. Now, In fact, Fallout New Vegas is playing better that Fallout 3 ever did on my system.

Ok so deleting the folder didn't fix the issue after all. I had to revert back to the silenthill patch, however my fps is not very good at all, especially when you are fighting npcs. I tried the DX DLL fix found here, and this helps with preformance, however the sound issue comes back then.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1123822-potential-fix-for-npc-slowdown/

2) I tried Running in windowed mode with vsync on works too, but not ideal.

3) I also tried another suggestion. If you alt tab while in game and change priority of the game to high, it will fix the issue. However I had weird issues when I would move and it would delay what I would be doing on the keyboard. So this didn't work for me either.

Hopefully one of these will fix it for someone. For now I'm not sure whether I want higher frame rates and sound issues, or no sound issues and low frame rates.

Ok so deleting the folder didn't fix the issue after all. I had to revert back to the silenthill patch, however my fps is not very good at all, especially when you are fighting npcs. I tried the DX DLL fix found here, and this helps with preformance, however the sound issue comes back then.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1123822-potential-fix-for-npc-slowdown/

2) I tried Running in windowed mode with vsync on works too, but not ideal.

3) I also tried another suggestion. If you alt tab while in game and change priority of the game to high, it will fix the issue. However I had weird issues when I would move and it would delay what I would be doing on the keyboard. So this didn't work for me either.

Hopefully one of these will fix it for someone. For now I'm not sure whether I want higher frame rates and sound issues, or no sound issues and low frame rates.

Did your try the enbseries.ini file specific to your card manufacturer. I was using the one from the root folder of the ENBSeries Patch v11 for Silent Hill Homecoming archive then I switched to the one in the /ati/ folder and it seems to be a better match. It would be nice if some one with some DX knowledge could tweek the enbseries.ini to maximize the compatibility some more.

ENBSeries Documentation

It didnt work for me. Well it did BUT:

1. Cannot use anti-aliasing with multisampling transparacy. The fix blocks me from having it, for an unknown reason even though both are selected in the launcher and cfg.

2. My game is not as smooth as without the fix. My game runs way better even with anti-aliasing on then with the fix.

So I either play with a meh looking game with choppines or without sounds. This is unacceptable. 2 patches and they still havent bothered to patch the audio issues. Very pissed on Obsidian. Fallout 3 was smooth sale since the launch day.

I also had the delayed sound, the lack of npc voice and the problem at doc Mitchell's house here's what I did:

Firstly I disassociated winamp from ogg files then I downloaded the silent hill homecoming patch v11 from here http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm and I put the vars_pc.cfg file in the data folder and the rest in the fallout new vegas folder where the exe is.I thought of this because this patch was used by players when Bioshock 2 had extreme lagging problems with the menus, maps etc.I don't know if this patch or the disassociation helped but the patch title appeared in-game so that's maybe it.

Thank you neko1kitty , can't believe all the things i tried to fix the sound issue, (new driver, direct sound disable, windows sound rate conversion to good, couldn't do window mode, uninstall ffdshow) so thx again.

Been played fallout 1 & 2, just a couple of years ago, great game and fallout 3 was an ok gaming experience but best was to get back to ncr and west coast.

The silent hill homecoming patch v11 fixed the sound perfectly, Thanks for that

unfortunately, my graphics now look like I've dropped acid (Which I could handle, unlike the sound), but the pipboy doesn't work

Houses, Trees etc Look fine, but people faces are shiny orb's & the ground is trippy

Anyone know how to Disable the graphics part of the patch but keep the better sound?

Thanks

Daniel

Acid

http://oi53.tinypic.com/13za2ad.jpg

Pip Boy

http://i56.tinypic.com/1605vo3.jpg

• 1 month later...