Hey guys I've had an idea for a mod for a while. I wanted to create something as lore friendly as it could ever be . Since merethic era isn't explored topic by lore I thought it would be a start. So the story:

The story would take place a few months after the events of Dawnguard ( in terms of lore chronology I believe dawnguard was last to take place) you are approached by a messenger with the latter addressed specifically to you. The Jarl of Whiterun would ask you to help the hold deal with a dragon that has been terrorising southern parts of the hold ( now I imagine the dragon to look like this, more or less http://sandara.deviantart.com/art/Black-Dragon-391596250).

You set up on the journey to Whiterun and upon your arrival the Jarl assign you a group of guards to assist you. When you arrive at your destination you find the land to be charred with only a small patch of green trees still standing in the middle of this depressing sight. You can also see the still smoldering ruins of the Riverwood. ( although I was thinking of making a random small village) This time the said dragon flies by you and over the said tree patch, toward the Bleak Falls Barrow. You notice that shortly after he passed over the flora it started to wither and die. Despite this you decide to pursue it. Upon your arrival you see the dragon nested on the one of the barrow arches. Before you can stop the guards they attack it only to be charred with fire, you managed to hide. The you notice the dragon is usin a shout, that is unfamilliar to you, and rise the charred bodies as what you assume should be thralls. The creatures attack you at instance but you slay them all only to notice them raise again. At this moment the dragon gives out a cold laugh. You realise you can't win and decide to flee.

Then the story would require you to search Winterhold library and there you would find an old text which mentions the name of Dremjaar and some secret the Priests were supposed to guard at any cost so that it would never see the daylight again. Unfortunatley the scroll's writing is too faded away to decipher. You ask around about prisest but with no success. Until the Archmage himself won't ask you for a private chat. He tells you that the closest Priest burial site is located in labirynthian but the doors are sealed and only he has the key. You have your suspictions but you have no choice but to accept the help. Then you'll spend time to work on a spell that would force the priest into collaboration.

Upon confrontation with morokei you use the spell but the outcome is not what you'd expect insted of working like bend will shout the spell works like an invisable shackles. From now on you will have to watch for each others back since if one of you die the other will die as well as your lives are now tangled. Lateron , thanks to Morokei's cooperation and digging through an old archives in an ancient temple, you would discover a remnants of Dragon Cult living on an island called by them Dremjaar. It turns out the island is wrapped in ilussion and other securing spells. And the area near it si covered in wrecks of ships that wre unfotunate enough to get too close.

From now on your job would be convincing the remnants you mean no harm and that you require their help in stopping the dragon from wreacking havock and chaos.

This is a very brief plot line. Now here's something about antagonist

Ragnarok seems to be old creature that has some connections with the dragon cult. It appearence is most unusal as it has four limbs, excluding wings. The creature is definatley half-mad. He's cunning and patient, he will avoid confrontation at any cost, prefering ranged attacs and sending his slaves to do the dirty work for him.
His most favoured shout is

Siil Aarl Daal- It translates literally to : Slave-Soul-Return: Your Thu'um orders the soul of slayed warrior to return from grave. Forever binding it to its body and your will until the power of your Thu'um won't be silenced.

Which means his army is unstopable until his heart will be stilled .

About Morokei, he won't be a typicall follower which means he won't carry your staff. I'd like to implement a relationship between player and him. Which is it will depend on the outcome of your conversation and decisions made throughout the whole quest. He'll be either enemy, neutral, friend or possible love interest ( females only). Although I'd like to add other NPCs working this way both for female and male players. About Morokei being a lishch, there would be an optional quest where you would search a way of returning him his ... humanity.