Duplicate NCR Combat Ranger outfit

neok182

so i really love that armor. loved it ever since i saw it in the first trailer.

But i think it sucks ass that it's NCR faction armor, which means i can't wear it for huge parts of the game because everyone decides to start shooting me.

So, what i want to do, is to leave the original just as it is, but make a duplicate of it that will be faction neutral (i know how to do this) and have a new texture (which i've already started to work on). This way you could have the same style armor, but it gets rid of the NCR markings on the suit and helmet. Was also thinking of making the eyes blue instead of red lol.

But basically, before i waste hours in the geck and getting nothing to work. How can i duplicate it and have it find my new texture instead of the original?

and i'd like to do this in a way i can upload it to the nexus preferably, but if that's not possible it's fine.

Assuming the NV GECK is the same, you can create a new texture set and apply it to your new item, or you can extract the nif, open it in nifskope, and change the texture path to the texture you want.

dosn't sound too hard. Safe to say that if i edit the nif then i won't be able to post it up on the nexus because it'll include both the nif and texture right?

It'll have your texture, not the vanilla one. I don't think there's anything uncommon about posting something like that back up. Your esp will require the NV.esm anyway.

good point. thanks for the fast reply. once i get the texture done i'll actually start enjoying this game a bit more. Been using the same outfit since i started the game practically lol.