Saurus94, you have most likely a missing master problem. If you can start a new game without issues, and the game doesn't tell you that your savegame is corrupted (in which case the game would not even try to load this corrupted savegame), all that occurs is a CTD when the game as finished loading the savegame and is about to start the playthrough, then the usual reason for this is a missing master. You uninstalled a mod and there's any mod still loaded that requires this mod to function.

Are you still talking about the lootable arena mod? Because I can't find any lootable arena mod by Tesoscum here at the Nexus.

Cheers!

It's not a missing master. With a missing master the game doesn't even reach the main menu. I just tried in my game: removing an esp, which is required by another esp, cause the game to crash instantly even before the first load screen.

@ Forli: well, I have experienced diverse situations with missing masters: the one you say (instant crash even before the logo screen), crash to desktop when trying to load a save, crash to desktop when entering the cell the mod that has the missing master modifies, and even a crash to desktop when approaching an NPC affected by the missing master. But there are other reasons than missing master for some of these situations, like missing resources, so I actually should not say so adamantly that it's a missing maste problem. It could be as well a "simple" mod conflict.

@ Saurus: do you still have the Tesoscums Arena Loot package you originally downloaded? If yes, have a look at its Readme. I would have liked to see the original mod page, so I could track down any other dependancy that you are still missing.

Another thing, could we have a look at your Load Order, pretty please?

Cheers!

I admit I was sure Oblivion immediately CTD with a missing master, but I experienced very few missing master CTD (all of them before the main menu), as Wrye Bash always tell me if something is wrong or missing before I run the game. So I think you're right: the fact I never had a crash AFTER main menu doesn't mean it's not a missing master problem.

A mod conflict? Maybe, but why something should cause conflict without the culprit mod?!? Maybe something else alter the arena scripts causing the problem, but Tesoscums mod unintentionally fix it?

EDIT: An idea could be: use Tes4Gecko to remove, one by one, all changes in the mod, and test after each record removed. You could find the exact record(s) which, when removed, cause the problem. Then Tes4Edit could help finding all mods which touch that record.

You can even try disabling all your mods and load the save game with pure Oblivion.esm (and DLC Shivering Isle.esp, if you have it, as it does nothing but makes the game load the SI resources)

Edited by forli

Have you fully uninstalled any mod (even resources or textures), and it still crashes? ... this exclude the conflicts.

Now, could you try with only that mod, and if it loads, could you try retry the IkeCoast's procedure in the testing hall?

(type "coc testinghall" without quotes in the console)

In Hawkhaven there are NPCs, and they could cause problems, so better if nobody is around you. The testing hall is the best place.

The causes could be many, but I still think it's something either:

- stored in your save game: an item in your inventory or your character race, eyes, hairs, etc...

- loaded as soon as you load the game: an actor around you, an object in your current location, a particular texture or meshes...

Ouch, I forgot about the TestingHall. The reason is, I stopped considering the TestingHall a safe place because the sheer amount of mods that place things there, while Hawkhaven has remained untouched by mods as far as I know. However, lately I have not encountered any new mods using the TestingHall as warehouse, so it should be safe again. Saurus, if you decide to use the TestingHall instead Hawkhaven, be sure to not having any mod that places things there.

There's something that puzzles me: Saurus' clean shave crashes to desktop, but a new fresh game does not. This is strange, because the only difference between a fresh game and a clean save are the diverse setstage variables. Perhaps what Saurus means is that he COULD NOT create a clean save, because after deactivating all the mods, he could not load the last save at Hawkhaven. Was it?

Cheers!