Sloppy Quality

SealJuice

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sloppy is an understatement

Blah to you. This game is way better than Fallout 3, hell in my mind this is the real Fallout 3. The humor is gone sure (unless you take the Wild Wasteland Perk) but the writing is so much better, the open ended world is actually open ended, and it is a much, much longer game with more replay value.

The game was released unfinished though and it shows. It needed at least another month or two of Q&A.

:rolleyes: Please, and if they made an entirely new game people would whine because they hate change and want it to be the same as Fallout 3.

I'm not complaining about it being an expansion. I'm complaining about the price. I've been in game development for 15 years and I know this game costs less than half the cost of producing something like Fallout 3. If they had put more money into quality, good QA, better voice actors, and such then there would be no complaint. There is no excuse for such a sloppy mess at that cost. It's just greed.

I did like one actor though. Hello again, Bittercup. We missed you.

My rant continues:

I just stepped into a courtyard of a hotel and got a CTD. Then I find to my delight that none of my quicksaves or autosaves exist. I just lost 8 hours of play.

I don't mind the perma-death of the companins, but I agree they die too easily. One of mine had on mint condition reinforced metal armor and a powerfist and died fighting a single feral roamer ghoul. I've lost 3 for 3 companions so far and I do try to pick my fights carefully.

I guess i pass on new vegas untill it dont gets some solid patch or something...already hearing all those complaints makes me wanna play it less and less, how can someone do a "game" on a buggy engine and asking such price for it... Even this would be ok for me but seeing they didnt even bothered to change or atleast modify the horrible animation's is a nice kick in the ass, no wonder new vegas cant be seen as a new fallout but only as an expansion.

Last years Obsidian and few other game developing companies learned me something important...hype and name isnt everything, and even tough they are being praised they certainly made a crappy job.

That being said, im still interested in this "expansion", i guess i will wait and maybe the price will drop to something wich is more fitting.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Bethesda titles going back to the second Elder Scrolls game, Dagger Fall ( ah the bad old dos days) and the one (and only) thing I can say in their defense is when it comes to buggy releases they sure don't stand alone. There have been plenty of other titles from other game companies that where bugged to hell on release. I think it comes down to $ and cutting corners to get a product out within a specified period. That's just how it is.

As far as content goes I haven't really seen anything in NV (so far) that blew my dress up. I'm really starting to think they are becoming dependent on the modding community to pick up the slack as far as content is concerned. So yes I agree with those who consider NV to be a mega expansion. BTW anyone else out there miss Dogmeat? I actually thought he would have fit into this game more then FO3.

This game stinks on ice. The voice acting is stilted and humorless. Recycled material from the REAL game and all of the aforementioned bugs, glitches, crashes, lost saves and so on. If a modder had uploaded this to Nexus that would have been one thing, but I paid cash for this turkey, this lame excuse of a whopping big buggy DLC for FALLOUT 3.

Personally I'm quite surprised to see the comments in this thread since I think the game is better than FO3 in most ways. FO3 do some things better, but the better quests and dialogs alone makes the game better to me and it "feels" more like a Fallout game.

Ofcourse, as with too many games, it's best to wait atleast until the first major patch is released if you easily get annoyed by bugs and CTDs, but I haven't personally had any real issues with it yet.