Sloppy Quality

SealJuice

I also think the Obsidian writing team has a lousy sense of humor. The DC Wasteland had a great sense of dark, smirky humor that really worked.

Ha ha ha ha, good one.

But really New Vegas is so much better then Fallout 3 it makes me wonder how anyone could have thought Fallout 3 was good, actually I wonder that anyway.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with the OP as well. This doesn't have the look or feel of FO:3. I haven't felt a connection to my character, or the world around me.

The only things I find myself doing are walking around in god mode scavenging s*** and trying to find new weapons.

The quests are weak

There are significantly less humans to kill

The areas around Vegas, specifically fiend areas look downright awful and half ass

Its extremely difficult to have an evil character without ruining many of the quests

Bugs and glitches are a common problem. Enemies are constantly getting caught on things, and since there are far less enemies overall combat is boring and few and far between.

Cazadors are like those stupid flying reptilian birds in Morrowind, except now they are a serious threat.

The engine is 5 years old.

Liam Neeson didn't do any voicework

Side quests and stories are not even close to being on the same level and quality of FO:3

Had a good laugh with that Black Mountain radio station. Lots of humour in this game.

Yes , some annoying bugs , the ones which bother me most - The sinking into the ground of enemies

- Distant fireshots sound like the gun is actually fired next to your ear

- Sometimes enemies keep running into walls , etc. (pathfinding)

But in short , I'm having tons of fun , and for me , I find it a slighly better game than Fallout 3.

I would be having fun if the thing didn't CTD every five minutes, originally it was every half hour. Between graphical glitches, missing conversation options, stuck NPCs, and now I can't go 10 feet without a CTD this is virtually unplayable. Not to mention an overall felling of blandness in general. (I am sick of boarded up buildings.) As far as mods go I have a couple of weapon mods, some armor, hair addition, lighting effects, a few interiors for NV city and a map marker. Nothing involving scripts or spawn points.

I didn't see any stability with FO3 until I used the unofficial patches. I still get random crashes, but with 200+ mods, I can live with it. I figure it will be a couple of months before developers and modders put together enough patches to get this running nicely.

Funny thing if a physical real world product was produced with this many problems, there would be a massive recall or it would sit on shelves until it rotted.

It's just tedious. I think I'll put this on the shelf and come back after Xmas.

Another sweet aspect of these Black Isle and Obsidian yahoos jacking the game is the #2 hotkey switches ammo, NOT weapons or other items. Good job, meatheads.

I am disassociated with my toon, dropped into a dubious plot line with no background and very little interest in the Chargen Town or the inhabitants.

And looking here at the uploads for New Vegas, 90% of them are hi-jacked or borrowed mod content from the real game, Fallout 3. And I don't see modders tripping over themselves to create new content for this craptastic dev version of a game.

New Vegas is an imagination killer. If the game is that freak'n great and Black Isle/Obsidian content is so superior, then why is there no geniune or really NEW content being made for it?

The game is seriously flawed, there isn't an official patch for it (that I can find) and users have the honor of being Steam victims for a game they bought retail.