How do you add a flame effect to npcs? Help Making Mod

ThrillaWhale

Hey guys, it's my first time trying to make a real mod of any veritable manner and I have a question - How can I give an NPC a permanent flame effect like flame atronachs?

Apparently using the console in game to add the spell 000ed2fe "Flame atronach abilities" to an npc will work. So I've tried adding the spell to a custom npc in the CK (dunSaarthalFlameForm) but although the active effects are listed in game, there's no actual visual flame around the npc. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong or where to look for answers? Thanks.

Your problem could be related to behaviour files or keywords for the race in question that you are trying to add flames to. Were it me, I would try creating a new race based upon the flame atronach, but point the world model a different npc type (you would need to extract from skyrim mesh bsa).

If that didn't work, I'd try opening up in 3dsmax and attempt to replace the body over a atronach's skeleton (that's where behaviour files point their information at for animations).

It's all fairly complicated stuff mind... Perhaps someone else knows a simpler way....

Like this person :blush: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25097/?