Can't save scripts made in the GECK?!

RetroNutcase

My problem is just that GECK refuses to save scripts PERIOD. No matter what the feck I type. I cannot create new scripts. Who thought that this was workable? Why can script creation not just function like any other object creation? Where you are able to SET A FORM ID AND NAME. The nonsense I must deal with just to create Easter Eggs that drop from the sky...

Edited by HisEminenceJayfeather

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are having problems with a script refusing to save / compile but no idea as to why, then you need to add the community developed "GECK Extender", which among other things replaces the older "GECK 1.4 Power-Up", an optional NVSE plugin supplement, to GECK and provides the missing error messages. Please see the 'Solutions to "Garden of Eden Construction Kit" (G.E.C.K.) problems' section in the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.

Otherwise please consider that bald statements such as "can't save anything" are like saying "car won't start". Could be any cause from wrong key / car to "out of gas" to "it's been stripped of it's engine". The GECK is super picky about scripts. (That's in addition to being an evil Vault-Tec experiment to determine how quickly it can drive authors insane.) The "Scripting" section is largest of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. If you need further help, provide some (small) examples.

-Dubious-

• 3 years later...

Heyo, I was trying to edit the script of a mod, something simple, just a time check, to move a time frame from 8pm-3:30am to 8pm-7am, so that a time window is longer. Unfortunately, the script refuses to save. All I am doing is changing a 3.5 to 7 and G.E.C.K refuses to allow it. I must be doing something wrong, but I have no idea what. I have tried running it in admin mode, and I installed the G.E.C.K extender, and yes I set the esp in question to the active one.

Edit: Bloody hell, turns out the initial script had an error, it used an = instead of == at some point and I had to fix it. It works now.

Edited by Beanerman2122