Converting FO3 Hats to NV

Hossinfeffa

im also having trouble converting Fo3 to Fnv, i did eveything i know to be correct, but the armor will not show in game, nor will any container i put it in, i used to have this mod for FNV, but all i can get now is the 1 for Fo3 as the author isnt on here anymore and his files have been deleted, i just want the 1 armor for personal use and i'd like to know if this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDMpXrNm71o is the correct way to convert it from Fo3 to FNV, i would give the link to where i got the file but i donot wish to get kicked or banned myself!

I'd just like to say thanks for the link, that worked flawlessly. Although I suck pretty hard at placing items (My containers were floating up in the sky in Docs place, had to no-clip to get them >_>)

+Kudos.

• 4 weeks later...

im also having trouble converting Fo3 to Fnv, i did eveything i know to be correct, but the armor will not show in game, nor will any container i put it in, i used to have this mod for FNV, but all i can get now is the 1 for Fo3 as the author isnt on here anymore and his files have been deleted, i just want the 1 armor for personal use and i'd like to know if this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDMpXrNm71o is the correct way to convert it from Fo3 to FNV, i would give the link to where i got the file but i donot wish to get kicked or banned myself!

I'd just like to say thanks for the link, that worked flawlessly. Although I suck pretty hard at placing items (My containers were floating up in the sky in Docs place, had to no-clip to get them >_>)

+Kudos.

The F key drops items to the surface below it, Just remeber to hit F once. Becouse each hit after that and the Item sinks a little bit futher into the surface, I made this mistake a few time my self

Edited by Timeranger

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I did this to the letter, it worked BUT how do I avoid from painstakingly doing every individiual item affected by the Update Facegen thing and also avoid the random non saving of the FNVEdit message when only elts you save only if a single peice is alrterned?

• 2 months later...

I did this to the letter, it worked BUT how do I avoid from painstakingly doing every individiual item affected by the Update Facegen thing and also avoid the random non saving of the FNVEdit message when only elts you save only if a single peice is alrterned?

Don't touch Update Facegen in the first place (since it's broken), and just add the MODD flag to each new headgear item in FNVEdit. If you come across something that FNVEdit won't save the change to, your only other option is to add it with TESSnip (in FOMM) by copying the MODD subrecord from another headgear item in the plugin and pasting it in the new item, then moving the added MODD subrecord just above the MOD2 subrecord.

• 4 months later...

Have you tried the brute force method, aka. importing a hat from F3 and NV into Blender, see if they match axis, eventually correct and export the desired hat back into .NIF for use in NV?

What about if i recreate the mesh of a F3 hat, take another, close-looking texture and put it in NV, would it be technically legal?