• Please log in to reply
930 replies to this topic

Growlf

Growlf

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
It seems to be a quotation: where did you get it? I've read nearly the whole Wrye FAQ ...

Thx, I will test it instantly. Wrye Flash worked in my tests only if I don't close the write- enabled Fallout.ini.

Test:
- the only write- protected file is Fallout.ini. It's the same after deleting it, creating a new textfile, renaming it into fallout.ini and copy the content of original into it. After closing of this new build file it's instantly write- protected.

- "6. Next navigate to "C:Program FilesSteamuserdata". There will be a folder here with random numbers as its name. Open it, then sort by last modified (right click folder -> "arrange icons by" -> "last modified"). Open the MOST RECENTLY modified folder that is NOT "config". "
There is only one folder but "config" called "7", and it contains no "fallloutprefs.ini".

Something always write- protects my fallout.ini (got full admin rights, UAC is off) and I have no idea what happens.

Other versions of Wrye (Oblivion, FO3) work perfect in the same My Games folder.

Growlf

Growlf

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
This posting is an artifical duplicate of above, that's why I use it for test progress:

1. Fallout.ini isn't write- protected after changing the Wrye profile (= char), but the game ignores this changing.

Edited by Growlf, 01 November 2010 - 05:21 PM.

Growlf

Growlf

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
Test progress:

2. I took the title for the file, enabled and disabled write rights for "everybody", but it's all the same: the games ignores profile, and after closing the game the Fallout.ini is write- protected again.

Where did you get the quotation? I asked the Bethsoft forums search, but got no hits.

Edited by Growlf, 01 November 2010 - 05:49 PM.

Growlf

Growlf

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts
Duplicated while sending.

Edited by Growlf, 01 November 2010 - 05:16 PM.

Valasthor

Valasthor

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Oh srorry Grwolf I did not see your reply...

I saw the quotation at Duck and cover and hoped it would help...

It sounded so reasonable...and too simple to be true...

Edited by Valasthor, 02 November 2010 - 05:17 AM.

Valasthor

Valasthor

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Ok...

On some systems fallout.prefs is created in "My Documents/My Games/FallotNV"

THis was written at GlobalGamer as a description for Win7 or Vista...

But all in all its unsatisfying and the only solution seems to be to set steam to offline mode until everything is done..........

--------------------------
Hopefully they find a solution....
---------------------

All in all fallout.prefs and fallout.ini need to be saved on a safe place...cause the launcher restores fallout.ini and fallout.prefs all the time...

Edited by Valasthor, 02 November 2010 - 05:54 AM.

Draco856

Draco856

Ahkrin Vokunkiin

• Premium Member
  • 1,812 posts
I'd suggest using the "Fallout_default.ini" for all changes. This is what is overwriting your files in the My Games folder. Changing anything in the default.ini will change it in the others.
----

It's located in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas
----

This is the file path for Vista.

----

Edited by Draco856, 02 November 2010 - 06:00 AM.

sativa420

sativa420

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
NICE! Thanks a lot Valda. Just a quick question: How functional is the Bashed Patch as of now?

BugattiXxXEchelon

BugattiXxXEchelon

Ambidextrous Tiger Monkey

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
Dont see the "launch fomm" button - and as one said - how functional is the bash patch features? I'm currently using FNVEDIT, but would prefer the bash feature of Wrye.

Edited by streetstar5, 05 November 2010 - 01:09 PM.

sativa420

sativa420

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
Hmm, I also don't see a NVMM launch button.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.930 seconds