Skyrim FPS super slow after accidentally loading skyrim without SKSE?

iamgregor

It's been a few months since I played Skyrim and I've updated my drivers since then and once I accidentally started Skyrim directly instead of SKSE and it went to the Skyrim "first time settings" thing. Did that screw something up? My ini files SEEM ok, but I'm getting crazy lag in game (like 4 fps) but ONLY when in game. In the menu, the mouse moves properly and it seems like everything works fine.

What gives?

Well, I don't know the source of the problem but what I can tell you is that no one should lag in their menu as far as I know - so that's normal. Once I ran Skyrim trough the wrong launcher and it detected my specs and set my game to Ultra and that messed up my ENB. So you should try to go check your ini again and also go check your settings in the Skyrim Launcher to see if the problem is in some settings that got turned on/off when you used the wrong launcher.

I did that once and I saw later that my load order was messed up causing major errors and a similar though less severe lag, did you check for that? Though it may have been something else that did that as it did take a few playthroughs before noticing those problems as i hung out in an "FPS sinkhole" area for most of the time. but I do remember using the wrong launcher saying oops, quiting and launching through SKSE after so it may be a good idea to use wrye or whatever to check that.

Edited by ZZZ02