Converting FO3 mod for FNV

KingsGambit

What mod are you tryin to port ?

I think i understood what you did, maybe i should have been more clear

Of course you have to put the esp from Fallout3 data to Newvegas data to make the Mod from Fo3 appear in FOMM newvegas, you will see the esp in the Newvegas load order as it was a newvegas mod now.

But you still may have world cell datas in it and of course there ain't no Rivet city or Megaton in the Mojave as an exemple, you will have to delete these datas in tesnip and reedit them in Geck to make it spawn in the Mojave.

Edited by MonsterMonkey

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

EDIT: 4/20/14 Disregard this post. I did it myself, took awhile but I did do it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/Images/39756/?

I tried using KingsGambit's method to convert a armor/clothing mod from NV to FO3 that I want. It worked partially. All the textures were messed up except leather armors. I looked for a tutorial to convert NV to FO3 armors couldn't find one. Is there a tutorial for Converting NV mods to FO3? Yep..I'm a newbie.

Edited by BloodMercenary

• 1 month later...

I know this topic is old but I wanted to thank you anyway. I successfully used this method to get the esp files provided with the GECK tutorials to work with the New Vegas GECK. The one's provided on the official site are for Fallout 3 and I couldn't find copies for Fallout NV.

Thanks again!

• 4 months later...

Will this process work in reverse? I actually think FO3 is the better game and would like to port some of the NV stuff into there.

I would recommend Tale of Two Wastelands

It gives you fallout 3 with some of the engine improvments that new vegas needed

I Personally have a 60 hour save in the capital wasteland that essentially exists to allow me to use project nevada in fallout 3

and as a general rule TTW is the easiest way to get new vegas mods to 3

Hope that helps! :)