Solitude Security Staff Slay Sexy heroine!

BlueGunk

I am confounded. My Dragonborn and her two sidekicks Vilja and Viconia amble into Solitude for the very first time in my current playthrough. The guard at the gate says 'Hi' and warns us of an execution taking place. We go through the gate and pause, looking around seeing all the friendly faces eagerly awaiting the execution. And then there is a shout "They're fighting!" And then everyone short of the chickens rush at us, blades drawn and lay into us. WTF?

I try drawing my trusty old "Blade of Wonky Steel", take a swipe and re-sheath it. No change, so yeilding fails. So I fight my way through the onslaught and win through. Suddenly everyone is calm, I have 2000 bounty. The execution is long forgotten, and a nearby guard just says "Mind how you go" even though I have enough bounty to build a new Blue Palace. The result is a complete mess. Dead bodies everywhere, blood, chickens, arms, legs etc. Yet the surviving guards do not bat an eyelid.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, please? I had no prior bounty - and if I did it certainly was not enough to start a small scale war.

I did have a look around on the Internet and others have had a similar problem but quite so aggressive. I tried leaving Solitude for 24 hours and coming back, plus a few other tricks, but no success.

In hope, thank you!

Clive

I had this problem once and it was caused by my follower. I never did figure out what it was about him that pissed everybody off, but having him wait outside the gates, going in and waiting until the execution was over, then going back and getting him solved it.

Thanks Saurusmaximus. I tried that, but they still went for me! Instead of saying "The fools are actually fighting" they said "There she is!" and that was that. I even tried changing the character eyes in case they didn't like the look of my young lady. Interestingly, while being attacked my character takes virtually no damage on the health bar... :confused: She can stand there doing nothing and be OK, if rather splattered with blood.

OK, stand down folks.

I have no idea what happened but I retreated a few saves and now got into Solitude without the entire population turning against me. I believe something went wrong in my Touring Carriages Mod journey from Whiterun to Solitude. Normally I have no problems with that mod, but it is possible either a major NPC died under the wheels (it does happen!), or a save before or after the journey got jumbled. By retreating to before that journey, all is OK. Weird. I've never encountered this before! The Touring Carriages Mod is a bit buggy but never that bad and it is a great mod to have.

If anyone knows why a problem like this arises, I'd be interested to know!

Thank you.