alpha laggy frozen unresponsive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

One fix that worked for 0.53 but doesn't seem to be that effective on the alpha is:

uninstall NMM, make sure the program folder is empty, then reinstall it. (seems to be caused by a .dll file unable to update itself on some systems)

If this still doesn't fix it for you then please:

Go in the Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features, and check the installed program list, please make a screenshot of all the Microsoft .Net elements you got on that list.

Also try going in the Settings menu (gears icon) and disable "Enable mod info side panel" check if his helps with the UI lag (it is not a fix but can help in the meantime).

Mitosuke

Mitosuke

I am what I am

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

I too am finding the new NMM interface very slow to respond. A reinstall has not helped me and neither did hiding the mod info panel.
I did find that with all categories collapsed the lag is entirely gone and all UI functions are as responsive as they were in the previous version. Once I started expanding categories, the more mods showing the worse the delay/responsivness got. Collapsing them gradually improved performance again until it was fully responsive with all collapsed.

Here's a screenshot of all the Microsoft elements for my PC.
Windows 7 - 64 bit.

This is, so far, the only issue I've had using the new version and am otherwise a happy camper. :smile:

Edited by Mitosuke, 27 January 2015 - 01:07 PM.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

Thanks for the feedback!

Is that the only .Net Framework entry in there?

Mitosuke

Mitosuke

I am what I am

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Yep, that's the only .NET Framework I could find, I showed any other mentions of Microsoft related items as well just incase.

Edited by Mitosuke, 27 January 2015 - 01:41 PM.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

Ok thanks again.

Aelian

Aelian

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

f7gxb.png

That's all, folks. I too am having the above mentioned issues. A quick question: will uninstalling mod manager create issues with my installed mods? Or will it see the mods i have when i'm done with it (uninstalled and reinstalled)?

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

Yes all info are stored in the "Mods" and "Install Info" folders you set for each game, so just make sure to select the same you are currently using.

Aelian

Aelian

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Thanks for your answer. Just so you know, uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix it.

RoanIlendil

RoanIlendil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Funny, I know I've installed a Microsoft .NET program on my laptop, but for some weird reason it's not showing up on my program list - I remember exactly the time I installed it, while downloading a mod that needed it as a prerequisite, think it was 4.0?

Edited by RoanIlendil, 28 January 2015 - 01:52 AM.

amber14

amber14

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm running into the same issue myself.  Everything is super laggy with the UI.  Scroll speed has tanked and the feedback is super slow.  Realized I'd queued up 4 activations of a mod before it was even highlighted.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alpha, laggy, frozen, unresponsive

Page loaded in: 1.168 seconds