So, I'm thinking of doing a roleplay run of Skyrim, and I want to have my character farm. I know there are already farming mods like Farm Anywhere and the like, but what I'm searching for is a mod that allows the player to be somewhat of a rancher. For example, you can buy goats, cow, chickens, and/or other creatures and you take care of them and stuff. I remember when I was playing Oblivion, I had this mod called Lakeside Home by the wonderful modder who created Vilja. If you lived in Lakeside Home, you could buy sheep and herd them, shear them, spin the wool into yarn, and make clothes out of it. There was also a compatibility patch that added more animals to it. I was hoping that someone had made a mod with those features in Skyrim, but sadly I could not find one. If anyone knows where I could find a mod like this, could you please direct me to it? Or if you are interested in the prospect, collaborate on making it with me? It doesn't have to be super complex. I just want to be able to buy/sell animals, use them for resources(food, pelts, etc.), and that's pretty much it. Or even just buy them and have them be around my house. I suppose I could just spawn a bunch of goats/cows/chickens/etc around my house and put up a fence, but it's not the same. Any help?

That would cover the herding aspect I'm looking for, but not anything else. Assuming you can give cows horse AI, which I think would mess them up.

Maybe if you could have cows follow something (I was thinking a dog) and then you give the dog commands, that would be be quite realistic. You could move the herd around while you as PC follow around on horse... In terms of viability thats what I already see in the game. Or maybe a helper (shepherd NPC) .

Anyway good luck, this does sound interesting...

Edited by Shivala

• 4 months later...