Whats up with deathclaws

Spizzay69

Idk if its just me but for some reason i dont stand more than 3 hits against these guys. and im at lvl 12 to 13 and they just kick my butt. :wallbash:

so idk if its just me being a moron.. ( probably) but if anyone else is having this problem let me know cuz its DUMB

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can usually take several hits, but not when they gang up on you. When you goto raise that bomber plane there is an area where there are quite a few deathclaws. Most are blind or young, there are a few regulars there also. But they tag team you like it's a WWE Royal Rumble!!!

I like in, in FO3 killing a Deathclaw was way too easy. I mean, c'mon Deathclaw, they're supposed to be hard to kill and I like it that way :D also with the new FPS mod you can't really take more than 3-4 hits before you die. I like this a lot

Well.. as I can recall from the earlier games (Fallout 1 & 2) they were -really- hard to kill and that's just the way they should be to be honest.

It gives a bit more of a challenge to the game when everything is not scaled to your own level.

save game and experiment

My varmint rifle loaded with AP ammo couldn't breach the Deathclaw's armor

This is a hint.

Now, load your safety save

and start targeting the various body parts of this Deathclaw

Notice any vulnerabilities

reload your safety save

"Get outta Dodge"

Some creatures are intended for experienced or developed PCs

BTW you should be having similar problems with adult radscorpions

BTW 2 my sniper rifle works very differently.

To the Ammo Impared,

Once again, this may be a Spoiler.....

My freind, I had spent a good 3 hours studying the pathways and watching the Death Claws at the Quarry. I used most of my explosives stock on just this one area. After running several experiments allow me to share my results.

Let it be known my character was focused on guns(100) and explosives(100). I was level 30 with Splash Damage Perk and Demo Expert. It helpts to know how to craft Time Bombs for more surgically precise traps. Hardcore Mode was enabled. I had Boone with me and his skills came in handy for Fishing* the baby deathclaws out one at a time. Then the Den Mother ate him. Better him then me.

When I finally took down the Alpha Male and the Den Mother the rescources I had to use include the NCR Radio to call in some reinforcements(meat sheilds). Let them engauge the Deathclaws in a tedius but entertaining series of gunshots and screams. Once the Deathclaws are softer, finish them off with a high calibur AP bullet. Because I love Explosives I used a vast arsenal of plasma, frag mines, C4, Dropped Mini nukes, and loose frag gernades in a tight knot. After the NCR help was killed I used the BB gun to lure the Alpha into the trap. I still have not found any body part of the Alpha. Rinse and repeat with the Den Mother, but instead of using a BB gun I reccomend a Fat Man mini Nuke as this *censored* survied my inital traps and decapitated me in one swipe.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. as I can recall from the earlier games (Fallout 1 & 2) they were -really- hard to kill and that's just the way they should be to be honest.

It gives a bit more of a challenge to the game when everything is not scaled to your own level.

It's nice to see Deathclaws restored to their former glory. I was rather confused when I took down a Deathclaw at level 2 with a critical shotgun blast in Fallout 3.

It's nice to see Deathclaws restored to their former glory. I was rather confused when I took down a Deathclaw at level 2 with a critical shotgun blast in Fallout 3.

I credit most of that due to Obsidian bringing back Damage Threshold as a game mechanic. Even at level 26, I avoid them still.