Hello, i have no idea if this is the right section in the forum to post this, but since i had this same problem and could´t find the fix till now i wanted to help anybody else who suffers from this.

Problem: Small borderless window on the top-left part of the screen when opening game with skse.

note: I have tried this with mod organizer and have no idea if it works for nexus mod manager or if it even suffers of this problem.

my fix: After several attemps with tweaking skyrimprefs in the documents folder and the installer with ¨window mode¨ and getting frustrated because i couldn´t find a fix, i stumbled into a file in mod managers directory called ¨profile¨ that contained another skyrimprefs.ini that was empty. So i did this....

1) Delete skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini from skyrim folder in Documents\my games\skyrim

2)Open "skyrimlauncher" in "The elder scrolls V skyrim" directory

3)Now the installer will open and it will say adjusting configuration, then it will say your graphic configurations are set to high\medium\low

4)Edit your graphical configuration as needed and just make sure that "borderless window"is not ticked and run the game

5)It should still open with the small window, dont worry, close the game now

6)Go to the newly created skyrimprefs and copy it (crtl+c, or right click and copy)

7)Go to program files\mod organizer\profiles and delete the skyrim prefs that you find there. ( if you try to edit it it may or not be empty, or blank)

8)Copy the newly created skyrim prefs in there.

9)Open skyrim via mod organizer and create a new shortcut for SKSE if you wish.

10)Enjoy your game.

I hope this worked for you, the reasoning behind this is that if you mod your game before running it vanilla first it doesnt create skyrimprefs. So when you try to run your game via mod organizer it cannot find skyrim prefs and creates its own, but with no data however. So since its empty the system cannot find the resolution desired.

Picture that might help you if you get confused on where to find the skyrimprefs.ini

note: The mod organizer directory might change depending on where you installed it

I hope this helps those who suffer with the same problem and at the same time helps the forum members to relive some pressure from all the help requests.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, i have no idea if this is the right section in the forum to post this, but since i had this same problem and could´t find the fix till now i wanted to help anybody else who suffers from this.

Problem: Small borderless window on the top-left part of the screen when opening game with skse.

note: I have tried this with mod organizer and have no idea if it works for nexus mod manager or if it even suffers of this problem.

my fix: After several attemps with tweaking skyrimprefs in the documents folder and the installer with ¨window mode¨ and getting frustrated because i couldn´t find a fix, i stumbled into a file in mod managers directory called ¨profile¨ that contained another skyrimprefs.ini that was empty. So i did this....

1) Delete skyrimprefs.ini and skyrim.ini from skyrim folder in Documents\my games\skyrim

2)Open "skyrimlauncher" in "The elder scrolls V skyrim" directory

3)Now the installer will open and it will say adjusting configuration, then it will say your graphic configurations are set to high\medium\low

4)Edit your graphical configuration as needed and just make sure that "borderless window"is not ticked and run the game

5)It should still open with the small window, dont worry, close the game now

6)Go to the newly created skyrimprefs and copy it (crtl+c, or right click and copy)

7)Go to program files\mod organizer\profiles and delete the skyrim prefs that you find there. ( if you try to edit it it may or not be empty, or blank)

8)Copy the newly created skyrim prefs in there.

9)Open skyrim via mod organizer and create a new shortcut for SKSE if you wish.

10)Enjoy your game.

I hope this worked for you, the reasoning behind this is that if you mod your game before running it vanilla first it doesnt create skyrimprefs. So when you try to run your game via mod organizer it cannot find skyrim prefs and creates its own, but with no data however. So since its empty the system cannot find the resolution desired.

Picture that might help you if you get confused on where to find the skyrimprefs.ini

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifUntitled.png

note: The mod organizer directory might change depending on where you installed it

I hope this helps those who suffer with the same problem and at the same time helps the forum members to relive some pressure from all the help requests.

You are a GOD. Thank you so much for this! I was panicking because I thought Windows 10 only allowed SKSE to run in windowed mode! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi guys. I am having the same problem but it has happened to me in the pat and i have seemed to fix it but as i have looked into the folders you guys have told me to. i just cant seem to find skyrimprefs.ini and skyriI.ini

• 4 weeks later...