• Battlefield Bad Company
    • Battlefield Bad Company 2
    • Battlefield Online
    • Battlefield 2142

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

In response to the last post (despite being a few years old)... Should someone still not be aware of it, there is the Forgotten Hope 2 mod for Battlefield 2. It is a quality (at least in my opinion) WWII mod for BF2. So if someone was not aware of it, here it is (or was when I posted this):

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/

But I myself prefer Battlefield 1942. It may not have too fancy graphics, but flying airplanes in it is fun. The 'old' airplanes make it possible to hunt jeeps and land - even on aircraft carriers. The jet fighters in Battlefield 2 are much too fast for me. The only way to repair and rearm them is to fly at a relatively low altitude over an airfield. In Battlefield 1942, it is possible to land, repair, rearm and then start flying again with the same airplane. And the variety of airplanes, despite not being too great, seems to be greater than that in Battlefield 2. Stukas are my favourites, since the victim (usually a friend of mine when playing over LAN) can hear the airplane, but when he does, it is usually too late. :smile: But then again, Battlefield 2 has helicopters. So it is not too bad, either.

Edited by PhilippePetain

• 1 year later...

I'd go with bf1942 closely followed by bf2. Forgotten hope is an awesome mod, played many an hour on FH2, used to admin bf on the old Jolt servers. I was the first player to get the Golden Pistolero badge with FH2. Was proud of that, more to wind up the rest of the guys on Teamspeak than anything else, even to this day I'll still wind them up about it.

I remember once on bf1942, an awesome pilot was hunting me on El Alamein, he was in a Stuka, I was a flag capper that would use every inch of the map, especially when the my team were getting base raped.

The pilot shot my jeep up, I was left in the middle of knowhere, playing as a brit, it was the north east side of the map, north from the main. He came back round to finish me off. It was hilarious when I blew him out of his seat with Expacks and went on to steal his plane! Battlefield used to be the best online shooter out there, still miss it.