Oblivion hair/makeup salon

undinen

Hi,

I have recently started playing Oblivion and I am now trying out different mods. I am looking for a mod which lets me configure my character, but I have not found any yet. The only ones I have found are mods which change the character only when creating a new one. I want to continue playing with my current character, so I wish for a mod which creates a beauty salon/house somewhere in the game, so I can change hair, makeup etc., instantly. Like the barber chair in World of Warcraft :)

I have googled a lot for this type of mod but not found any. Does anyone know some?

Thanks

Undine

There isn't.

The only way to change your current character face appearance is through the Chargen, or manually replacing the facial textures in yor Textures\Characters folder.

However, about hairs, you can try any of the Wigs mods that are available at the Nexus (Growlf's and Apachii's for instance).

There's a trick to use the Chargen to change your character's face (and even race) without losing your character's current stats and levels:

bring up the Command Console.

Type

showracemenu

and hit enter. Chargen will popup.

MAKE SURE THE CONSOLE COMMAND IS STILL OPEN.

Without closing the console command, change your character appearance. When satisfied, DO NOT HIT "DONE"!!!!

Instead, hit the esc key to bring up the Save/Load menu. SAVE IN A NEW SLOT. If the Save button is greyed out, then the Command Console is closed. Hit the tilde key to bring up Console again, then esc key to bring the Save menu, and save. Remember, save in a new slot, do not overwrite your current savegame. This way, you will be able to revert to your previous save.

DO NOT EXIT THE SAVE/LOAD MENU. Load the newly created savegame. Your character will sport the new face and body appearance, but without changing his/her stats.

It's crucial that you don't close the Command Console while doing this (if you accidentally close the console, do not worry, just bring it up again), and DO NOT USE THE "DONE" BUTTON FROM CHARGEN! Hitting Chargen's Done butto will reset your character's stats.

Cheers!

Howdy!

Ahaa, thank you veeery much!! I have been googling sick haha.

Ok, I see.

I will try this on my testing computer so I wont mess it up haha :) Thaanks :)