how to install mods to new vegas

dyrano

You just drag the data folder of the download into the data folder of your NV, which, by default, is my computer - C - program files - Bethesda - FalloutNV - Data

Meshes go to meshes and textures go to textures. The .esp just goes inside the data folder

If your directory doesn't have the meshes and textures folders, just create them

Then when you load up NV, before you click play, click data files and check the .esp of the mod you downloaded

The default directory should be:

64bit OS - C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas

32bit OS - C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas

If you have Steam installed to a different directory, then look in that directory.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

okay after u start the game, how do you use the mod? like, for instance, i have the nuclear m82 rifle and its activated on the data file but where is it? its not in the pip boy... plz help :)

Depends on the mod. Please check with the mod author on where to find it.

• 4 weeks later...
After downloading the mod and extracting the file (.esp) into C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data I start up the game, select "Data Files", then select the files I want for the game (including the .esp file).... game starts... CTD!!! I keep running into this problem no matter what I try. I have even tried the "FOMM" and I get the same "...has stopped working..." message. I will emit I am a noob at mods and have no clue what to do now. Any help will be appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...