how to install mods to new vegas

dyrano

You just drag the data folder of the download into the data folder of your NV, which, by default, is my computer - C - program files - Bethesda - FalloutNV - Data

Meshes go to meshes and textures go to textures. The .esp just goes inside the data folder

If your directory doesn't have the meshes and textures folders, just create them

Then when you load up NV, before you click play, click data files and check the .esp of the mod you downloaded

I have a problem though, if I wanted to have... say, multiple armor mods, do I replace meshes with meshes or textures with textures? Do I leave folders sitting out? Do I put one folder within another? Probably not the last one, I tried that and it crashed, which forced me to restart my computer...

• 3 weeks later...

i too have the same problem...most of the time i install gun mods but every time i do it keeps showing me this big red exclamation box where it should be....ii do everything i did to make some of my other mods wrk but it just simply doesnt want to work on about 75% of my mods... :( open to any help regarding this

• 5 months later...

You just drag the data folder of the download into the data folder of your NV, which, by default, is my computer - C - program files - Bethesda - FalloutNV - Data

Meshes go to meshes and textures go to textures. The .esp just goes inside the data folder

If your directory doesn't have the meshes and textures folders, just create them

Then when you load up NV, before you click play, click data files and check the .esp of the mod you downloaded

Yea and i had a ip program or anything else that works.. but this item aint in a folder and it wants to open using windows live thing...

• 4 months later...

I'm having a few problems with the mod manager. I have look on several tutorials on Youtube and understand how to install mods, however every time I try to activate the "mod configuration menu" it isn't working I've seen on tutorials that their NVSE is detected with a tick next to it mine says NVSE not detected with an x next to it. Can someone please tell me what this NVSE is and how I can make my mod manager detect it.

NVSE - the New Vegas Script Extender - adds new scripting functions that modders can use in their projects. For mods that use NVSE to work, you need to install it so that it can be loaded by the game. You can get NVSE here.

Just follow the instructions on the website, it's a simple 'put some files into the proper folder' scenario.

• 1 month later...

What folder do I put "Textures" and "Meshes"? (I'm using drive F: so bear with me) Do I put them in F:\Program Files\Steam\...\Fallout New Vegas\ or do I put it in the Data folder?

• 8 months later...