how to install mods to new vegas

dyrano

First of all, you want to reinstall Fallout New Vegas somewhere other than Program Files. After you install, go to the directory you installed it. Run the Launcher from there. Let it set up your graphics initially. Then hit play from that menu. Wait until you get to the main menu. Then click quit. Now that you have it set up, you need a good number of things. This website will help out: http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Essarrbee/FalloutNewVegas

I personally use mod organizer. So you may want to use that as well.

Edited by SirTwist

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

While we applaud your desire to help, please note the date of the previous comment. After two years, it is highly unlikely any of the original participants are still following this thread. Which is why forum rules say you shouldn't "resurrect" ("necro") old threads.

And simply dragging an extracted folder to the game "Data" folder is not sufficient unless you are replacing existing files. Many mods require more than that, which is why "mod managers" were developed. Please see the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article, which covers the difference between "installed" and "activated", among many other things.

-Dubious-

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I just bought New Vegas on steam,but when I try to find the data file for the game,it isnt there. Not anywhere. I can play the game just fine,but cannot add mods. I tried program files,found bethesda,BLAH,BLAH,,..I even did the Steam,steam apps.common,etc,..but it just isnt there. I also did pc search to try to find where it might have DLed,but it just really is not anywhere on my pc but the desktop. Still,as I said,I have no problem playing,no problems with the codes for various items I need. I have no clue where the hell it is hiding in my PC!

HELP! XD

Please see the 'Do NOT accept the default install location' entry under the 'First Timer Advice' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

See also the article "View Hidden files and Folders in Windows 10" (assuming that is your version of Windows).

In future, Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as if you are using the FNV4GB Patch, NVSE and it's related plugins; replacements for textures (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), animations, or "bodies", etc.; and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX. It saves us playing "20 questions" and gets you a more specific answer more quickly. (The usual turn-around on post and reply in an older game forum is 24 hours.)

* See "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler tags".

-Dubious-