Is anyone else experiencing this?

MidiWaffle

OK, I've systematically gone through each of my installed mods, disabling each one one at a time, but I still have this weird problem where rather than showing the intended text, it shows variable names like sMagic instead of Magic, or things like that, and some messages are altered as well. For example, "You should rest and meditate on what you've learned" becomes "Ready to level up!" and "You failed to cast the spell" becomes "sSkillFailed".

What's weirder is that the game is now calculating things differently, too. Travel services now cost several hundred gold, with the exception of teleporter mages, and instead of taking 10 skills to level up, it's an odd randomly-chosen number between 5 and 8. Whenever I try to pick a lock, no matter what the level or my skill, it always fails and says "Your chance to pick the lock is zero" instead of "Lock too complex". Also, I'm getting a bonus multiplier for every skill instead of every two skills, allowing me to level up to 10 points at a time instead of 5 per attribute.

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but a lot of doors and chests have been translated into German, but I'm sure I didn't download any German mods.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Do you know what mod is doing this? Or does anyone have a script I can use to reset how the game calculates the levelling and lockpicking? What else is weird is I can't join the thieves guild, even though most of my thief-related skills are 30 and up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You've got a mod (or mods) suffering from GMST contamination.

For the German thing, I dunno. Do you use MGSO? There's a French-language version of the On The Rocks plugin, maybe a German-language containers mod crept in there too. Have a look at the recently uploaded files for the MGSO Unofficial Patch.

mlox identifies some mods with GMST contamination. Give that a go, it may point out some other problems with your loaded mods.

After all that, if you still have problems please post your mod lists. Ideally in load order from e.g. mlox or Wrye Mash, alternatively from the Game Files section of your morrowind.ini

The contents of your warnings.txt file are also useful for diagnosing mod problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response. Let's just say I have a LOT of mods and leave it at that. ^^;

I've tried mlox, TESTool, and Wyre's GMSTFix.esp, and none of those worked. So I tried cleaning them manually, but if I open them in the editor and include Bloodmoon, the entire thing just crashes. Any ideas?

I recognize the german names on containers bug It has to do with windows glow. I think Abot made a fix here: http://abitoftaste.altervista.org/morrowind/index.php?option=downloads&task=info&id=45&Itemid=50&-Windows-Glow-Raven-Rock-English-Patch

PS. You really should post your load order anyways