Mods causing CTD's upon entrance to hold dungeons, near giants, and in random areas of wilderness near mountains.

xKRONIKLEx

So, as the title says, every time I get even remotely near a giant or mammoth, enter a hold dungeon, or start to walk up a mountain (and I don't even mean when I'm halfway up the Throat of the World), my game crashes to the desktop.

I already used TES5Edit to fix a previous issue (CTD before Bethesda logo even came up), and there were still issues. I ended up uninstalling mods to get the game to run at all, but I really want the mods to all be installed, and correctly. Hopefully whoever can help me will also be fixing other problems in the proces, such as mods like Deadly Mutilation not actually doing any mutilations, Rotten Corpses not rotting over time, etc.

Please keep in mind that im fairly new to all of this, so don't be too harsh when it's an easy fix and I just didn't know. And pay no attention to the nude mods. They're just cool and make for some more realistic gameplay.

Below are images of my current load order, and the unchecked boxes are obviously ones that I had to uninstall but actually want to work.

P.S., Ignore the "HafsBorgIsles" in the load order (I marked it out in red), its something I've been playing around with in Creation Kit.

Please keep in mind that im fairly new to all of this, so don't be too harsh when it's an easy fix and I just didn't know. And pay no attention to the nude mods. They're just cool and make for some more realistic gameplay.

I WILL TREAT YOU HOW EVER THE HELL I WANT! which is generally quite nice, friendly, and supportive. lol, dont worry man even someone whos been at it for two years like me, who actually knows how to mod to some extent has lots of issues i come here to resolve. no one guy has all the answers, not even Chuck Norris (he doesnt need them Skyrim runs for him no matter what).

I already used TES5Edit

what other tools have you used? have you used LOOT?

P.S., Ignore the "HafsBorgIsles" in the load order (I marked it out in red), its something I've been playing around with in Creation Kit.

i understand but for troubleshooting reasons i would like a simple summary of what it is.

also why dont you have the rest of the unofficial patches installed?

Well where the hell is Chuck when we need him? Ha.

But down to business.

I used BOSS and it just said a few mods weren't recognized or something. I don't really remember for sure but I'll use it again in a little bit and let you know, just can't get to a computer atm.

It started out as a really cool player home idea that I'm gonna have to put in the suggested mods section. Basically just was watching Vikings (the history channel show) and thought it would be cool if there was a set of islands that were essentially a Viking settlement with no magic, just nord farmers and warriors and a castle in the middle of everything which would be the player home, and the farther north you'd go in the islands, the wilder things would get (an forest island full of werewolves and other monsters, a semi small island for a bandit kingdom, etc.) I haven't done much of anything past the land masses. Just a few bridges to connect the islands.

And to be honest, I didn't even think about that. One or two of my mods required one of the patches so I didn't even think about getting any of the others. I probably just got the most recent one. Don't really remember for sure though.

Edit: Also, thanks for the fast reply. I was really pretty worried I was gonna be one of the people who doesn't get a reply for like a year.

Edited by xKRONIKLEx

Did what you said. Fixed load order. Used LOOT. Installed files that I didn't realize were missing, and....

Nothing. I'm still getting the same CTD. Is there something else that could cause this? For instance, if it's not a file itself, could it be a memory problem due to the mod files? No clue what to do here.

Well for one, I noticed you used SkyRe, which is actually obsolete and has been replaced with Perkus Maximus (same creator as SkyRe). I suggest getting that one instead and running the patcher that comes with it, as it will do a better job playing nice with your other mods than SkyRe does. On top of that, please get all of the Unofficial Patches, LOOT it, and add the new mod order to the forums.

Also, did you try verifying your game cache?

Did what you said. Fixed load order. Used LOOT. Installed files that I didn't realize were missing, and....

Nothing. I'm still getting the same CTD. Is there something else that could cause this? For instance, if it's not a file itself, could it be a memory problem due to the mod files? No clue what to do here.

Did you adjust memory patch in SKSE.ini?

SKSE ini pre-download for lazy users by Sagittarius22

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038/?

In Enb or Enb Boost .ini (if you don't have it yet, better get it now) set your [MEMORY] settings:

ReservedMemorySizeMb=128

(in case of stutter increase by another 128)

VideoMemorySizeMb=

(count it with formula VRAM + RAM - 2048 = )

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

Run Skyrim Performance Monitor by Sir Garnon to see your ram / vram usage.

PS: Did LOOT flag any mods for cleaning with TES5edit? And did you clean your masterfiles before?

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

Well for one, I noticed you used SkyRe, which is actually obsolete and has been replaced with Perkus Maximus (same creator as SkyRe). I suggest getting that one instead and running the patcher that comes with it, as it will do a better job playing nice with your other mods than SkyRe does. On top of that, please get all of the Unofficial Patches, LOOT it, and add the new mod order to the forums.

Also, did you try verifying your game cache?

Okay, pardon the late reply, had to work. I did what you said, except I didn't verify the game cache. First, I'm not sure if I know how to do that. Second, would I be verifying my SKSE Skyrim or my Steam Skyrim, or would it just do both?

Before I verify my game cache, I'll have to play through Helgen without mods because I've been told you shouldn't activate anything until you escape Helgen (not sure how true that is), and I'm playing through Helgen again because PerkMa's description says to only use it on a new save.

Again, thank you all. Even though I still haven't had much progress, I'd be screwed on my own.

And here's my load order, btw.