Mods causing CTD's upon entrance to hold dungeons, near giants, and in random areas of wilderness near mountains.

xKRONIKLEx

Did what you said. Fixed load order. Used LOOT. Installed files that I didn't realize were missing, and....

Nothing. I'm still getting the same CTD. Is there something else that could cause this? For instance, if it's not a file itself, could it be a memory problem due to the mod files? No clue what to do here.

Did you adjust memory patch in SKSE.ini?

SKSE ini pre-download for lazy users by Sagittarius22

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038/?

In Enb or Enb Boost .ini (if you don't have it yet, better get it now) set your [MEMORY] settings:

ReservedMemorySizeMb=128

(in case of stutter increase by another 128)

VideoMemorySizeMb=

(count it with formula VRAM + RAM - 2048 = )

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

Run Skyrim Performance Monitor by Sir Garnon to see your ram / vram usage.

PS: Did LOOT flag any mods for cleaning with TES5edit? And did you clean your masterfiles before?

Okay, I will do that once I figure it out. Can't be too hard, it'l just take me a little while.

And yeah, I just ran LOOT on it and I have 7 dirty plugins, the first three being Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfires.esm, and Dragonborn.esm, then the rest are user created. So should I clean those first three or not? Just asking because it seems like that might be something I don't want to do.

The other thing I don't get is how to clean them. I've been watching the YouTuber Gopher's tutorial videos, and he's very thorough. I've been trying to clean them with TES5Edit but I don't even think it's doing anything.

Is there an easier way to clean them or do I just have to get over it and figure it out myself?

PS I don't have any ENB mods, so if you're saying I should get one, which one? RealVision ENB?

Edited by xKRONIKLEx

Before I verify my game cache, I'll have to play through Helgen without mods because I've been told you shouldn't activate anything until you escape Helgen (not sure how true that is), and I'm playing through Helgen again because PerkMa's description says to only use it on a new save.

That's because with mods the scripted scene with carts will bug out. In worst case scenario the cart will flip, start spinning and go into space instead of helgen. (I got this just because of armor and hair replacer :pinch: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9JjmZq11d8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93XeUUUBm_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2IFjJqRnTg

You could get Live Another Life and start the game at different location with this mod.

And yeah, I just ran LOOT on it and I have 7 dirty plugins, the first three being Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfires.esm, and Dragonborn.esm, then the rest are user created. So should I clean those first three or not? Just asking because it seems like that might be something I don't want to do.

The other thing I don't get is how to clean them. I've been watching the YouTuber Gopher's tutorial videos, and he's very thorough. I've been trying to clean them with TES5Edit but I don't even think it's doing anything.

Is there an easier way to clean them or do I just have to get over it and figure it out myself?

You need to clean them.

1.Run TES5edit.

2.Right Click. Select None.

3.Check box next to Skyrim Update.esm (Skyrim.esm will be loaded automatically).

4.When TES5edit is ready, click on Update.esm. Then Right Click > Apply Filter For Cleaning. It will take a while. When it's done the color of Update.esm will change.

5.Right Click > Remove "Identical to Master" Records. Wait for report in the box on the right to display. It will say how many were processed and removed.

6.Right Click > Undelete and Disable References. Wait for report in the box on the right to display.

7.Close program. Press OK.

8.Run TES5edit. Right Click. Select None. Check box next to Skyrim Dawnguard.esm. When TES5edit is ready click on Dawnguard.esm and process the same way as you did with Update.esm.

9.Clean Heartfires.esm and then Dragornborm.esm.

10.Check what other mods require cleaning and consult it in discussion thread on that mod nexus page.

PS I don't have any ENB mods, so if you're saying I should get one, which one? RealVision ENB?

You can get Enb Boost which offers core files without a need to run Enb preset (graphic enhancements). If you want to run an Enb, RealVision would not be my first choice and you're better off first solving your stability issues before adding a resource hog that Enb preset can be (Enb Boost won't affect your performance in negative way).

Again, thank you all. Even though I still haven't had much progress, I'd be screwed on my own.

You're welcome :D

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

• 4 years later...