NPCs That Heal The Player

Darkfoot

Is it possible to create NPCs that can cast healing spells on the player through dialog options? I'm interested in a mod like this because I'm currently playing a hardcore style play through in which there is no health regeneration whatsoever and since I'm a stalwart warrior that wields a 2h, I don't use any healing spells or magic.

So what I'm looking for is something that acts like a healing center where you can go to after battling and adventuring and ask the npcs there if they can heal your wounds. For example, the Temple of Kynareth is an ideal place to stop and get your wounds healed. You can see Acolyte Jenssen casting healing spells on wounded soldiers, so it would be ideal if I could ask him to heal my wounds as well.

After messing around with the Creation Kit I've only managed to create dialog on an npc with the option to ask for healing, but I don't know where to go from there

Any help, much appreciated

I mean, you have to make a "quest" under Character>Quest (except it's not really a quest, per se), right click in the window and create new. I've looked at it and am somewhat sure that's how to go about it. I'm new at this, too, so I'm mostly guessing. The thing is, what you're talking about is along the same lines of asking your follower to trade items or whatever. I'd look at the dialog options your follower has by searching their name and looking through all the things attached to them.

After fiddling around with the Creation Kit some more and after watching a few Skyrim Moding tutorial videos, I've successfully managed to creat an NPC that does exactly what I wanted. They will heal that player after having been asked by the player through a dialog option. I can even do it for existing npcs as well :dance:

Most of my thanks goes to 1 video on Youtube that I watched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfcet5hf5bs

With that said, inevitably I've run into another stump. once the dialog and the scene in which the healer npc heals the player have come to an end, then the quest is complete. Thing is, I don't know how to make it so that the quest resets after completion. therefore you will get healed by the npc only 1 time and then never again. Also they go into a hand bondage idle standing position afterwards, like at Helgen in the beginning of the game.

I guess i'll go fiddle some more

Any help, much appreciated

Edited by Darkfoot

As far as the quest repeating for you, I believe there is an option in the quest creation, under Quest Data, that you need to uncheck called "Run Once". That should make it so the quest repeats itself. As far as the hand thing, idk.