0.60 alpha - Crash on Profile Switch

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

If your NMM is crashing while switching profile, first of all make sure you're using the latest 0.60.0.4a build.

If you're using 0.60.0.4a, and only with this version, download this NMM executable: https://www.dropbox....Client.rar?dl=0

and overwrite the one currently present in your NMM program folder, this hotfix should fix the issue.

This hotfix will be officially released in the upcoming 0.60.0.5a release.

pegueng

pegueng

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 164 posts

Ehhm, i'm currently running 0.60.06a and having this problem. It crashes during profile switch and NMM doesn't seem to remember the profile setup and i get various error messages that this or that file isn't installed. That's just an outright lie because it damn sure IS installed in the profile i'm switching to, So far it has varied between:

"Failed to import the load order from: Profile Manager

Reason: BOSS_API_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: "ApachiiHair.esm" cannot be found!"

and also

"Failed to import the load order from: Profile Manager

Reason: BOSS_API_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: "RGMsAlchemistsCompendium.esp" cannot be found!"
And i have also encountered problems with missing plugins. The profile header claims i have for instance 133 plugins but when/if i'm able to switch to that profile it has only aprox 109 plugins installed or some such. And then the game CTD when i start. It shows the first start screen but CTD's before i get to the start options. (Continue, NEW game, LOAD, credits etc)
Any suggestions? I Dare not try to switch to my first Profile which was the one i'm in an ongoing campaign... 
The main difference between the profiles are body types and associated clothings and armour. on profile 1 i run TBD /Touched by Dibella) and that's the one i haven't dared to switch back to yet. On prof 2 i run SevenBase and on prof 3 i actually have no body type yet. it's when i'm switching between 2 and 3 that these NMM crashes appear, obviously  :blush:
I'm pretty certain it's something i've done wrong in the profile setup, but i'd like to know WHAT?

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

Where did you set your "VirtualInstall" folder in the setup screen? Where's your game located? Did you use the standard settings or did you enable "multiHD mode" ?

pegueng

pegueng

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 164 posts

I did not change anything from the recommended install places. And i haven't enabled any MultiHD mode

My virtual install : c:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods 

My game install: C:\program files (x86)\bethesda\steamapps\common\Skyrim

I just made a try to switch from prof 3 (Cyndane, 45 plugins) to prof 2 (Trixie, 132 plugins) And the first fail i see is that ECE stays enabled, as it seems, that i had in prof 3 but on prof 2 i have sevenbase, and as those are incompatible mods ECE shouldn't be enabled as it wasn't even installed when i switched to prof 3. i will now try and start a game on prof 2...

And it crashed, at startup screen. So it seems like NMM doesn't remember my profile setup between changes...?! Even though i pressed on "save current profile" before changes.

Did this help or did i just jumble my problems ;)

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

Can you please compress the ModProfiles folder and attach it to a new bug report here: http://forums.nexusm...ager-060-alpha/

pegueng

pegueng

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 164 posts

Done. Just happened again, i can switch to a blank/new profile but not to an active profile...

spider20

spider20

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts

Same with Me.  Running great.  Decided to create new profile to use upon competion of 1st character.  As NMM 60.0.a removed mods,  FNIS also removed.  NMM would not allow me to activate mods.  Switched back to Previous profile, shortcut to FNIS no longer pointed to the file.  Reinstalled FNIS.  CTD do not even get to load game menu.  Error message  BOSS_API_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND: "ApachiiHair.esm" cannot be found.

Upgraded to 60.0.6a it loaded the files with the exception of FNIS.  I can not activate the mod.

Spent 6 hours trying to get it to work.  Guess I am SOL.  Getting ready to delete everything and start all over with fresh install of skyrim and NMM.  Don't think I will try profile switching again until this is fixed.  300+ hours of game progression lost.

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

Please use this forum to report bugs and issues with the 0.60 alpha version: http://forums.nexusm...ager-060-alpha/

Pauletta

Pauletta

Stranger

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I Dare not try to switch to my first Profile which was the one i'm in an ongoing campaign... 
The main difference between the profiles are body types and associated clothings and armour. on profile 1 i run TBD /Touched by Dibella) and that's the one i haven't dared to switch back to yet. On prof 2 i run https://enhancedbets.org SevenBase and on prof 3 i actually have no body type yet. it's when i'm switching between 2 and 3 that these NMM crashes appear, obviously

Edited by Pauletta, 28 February 2018 - 10:16 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.951 seconds