100% block damage reduction (No damage taken when blocking attacks)

Darkfoot

Is there a way to modify the damage reduction when blocking, to 100% damage reduction? I've tried messing with the Game Settings up on the Gameplay tab, changing "fBlockMax" from 0.7 to 1.0 (70%-100%), even changing "fBlockSkillBase" from 1.0 to 100.0 in order to ensure my blocking was at maximum capabilities. Nothing seems to work.

I just find it VERY stupid to be able to die after blocking a series of attacks :dry:, I mean really :down:

NO, just NO :facepalm: :wallbash:

Please help, there must be a way to make this happen

Any help, very much appreciated.

If modifying the cap doesn't work then how about another method, there HAS to be way.
For example, I've thought about creating a duplicate of the Become Ethereal spell that activates when blocking, most likley by setting a Condition "isblocking = 1"

There HAS to be a way

Edited by Darkfoot

You can try using Skytweak, it has a slider bar to increase maximum resistance under the combat section so that you can actually block 100% damage if you have a high enough blocking level or your armor value exceeds the damage output of an enemy.

Though if you set it from 85%>100% you might break the game... cause I know I have... cause my character is level 100 and wearing equipment with dragonbone stats, and I don't even need to block... most of the enemies like bandits etc don't even do damage to me cause my armor rating is so high. Though you can always turn up enemy damage scaling. Though you at times maybe under powered with certain weapons where you have lower damage than an NPC's armor rating.

Another method just came to me. Perhaps there can be a script or something that restores your health each time you block an attack for an amount = to the % of health that was taken from you.

PERHAPS??

Edited by Darkfoot

I don't know anything about Skytweak, but I highly doubt it will work, for it uses the same method of modifying the "fBlockMax" setting. which I cleared in my 1st post, that is doesn't work

Another Method just came to me. Perhaps there can be a script or something that restores your health each time you block an attack for an amount = to the % of health that was taken from you.

PERHAPS??

yes now that is possible. Not very efficient though due to the way on hit works but if its just for you go for it. Not at my pPC right now to post example code.

Thing is I'm kind of a noob still when It comes to moding Skyrim, so I'm not too sure how to go about doing any this, so I will need you guys and gal's help with this. :sweat: :thumbsup:

I'm also a noob with these forums as well, as you may already tell (52 posts). how do reply directly to a quote, so that there is the person's quote above my quote, like you just did.

Edited by Darkfoot

I don't know anything about Skytweak, but I highly doubt it will work, for it uses the same method of modifying the "fBlockMax" setting. which I cleared in my 1st post, that is doesn't work

It also has a base block value for the shield... so you can also just crank that up to 1 along with the Max Resistance thing.. I know it works cause I have done it before and I just tested again... though I am not sure if you're trying to use this for your own mod that you're working on or just trying to get this specific thing done alone.