100% block damage reduction (No damage taken when blocking attacks)

Darkfoot

@ Iofgren

"Just give yourself a perk that reduces all incoming damage to 0 while blocking. No scripting necessary"

1. how will this be fair against incoming arrows, magic attacks and dragon breaths when blocking with a shield or a weapon.

2. I forgot to mention this, but I would like for this to work for all NPCs as well.

3. How exactly do I do that?

Edited by Darkfoot

@ Havenost

I thank you Havenost, I'm so sorry I doubted you, SkyTweak works. :thumbsup: After downloading it I set the "Maximum Resistance" to 100% (noticing that there is a separate "Maximum Armor Resistance" as well, I left that one as it is), and with "Shield Block Base and "Weapon Block Base" at 1.00, that did it. With these setting I no longer take damage when blocking attacks. I still don't get how this works though, because I've already tried setting the Maximum Resistance to 100% without this mod. I still don't know how to make this happen without use of this mod.

Also there's but 1 tiny problem. This does not work for NPCs, only the player. :pinch:

i am working on a mod to solve this, i cannot believe a multimillion game developing company has made such a retard game mechanic, its like they don't even try...

retarded eh? That damage cap is the result of you players complaining about being too powerful in oblivion. So they gave you what you asked for. Nice try though.

I've done this, I've added the perk that reduces damage while blocking by 100% to all humanoid NPC's, with a timed block mechanic too! And it works! It's not hard to do either, what is everyone here smoking about?

The way I dealt with arrows is different, if you are hit from behind by an arrow you will take damage but if you are hit from the front and you blocked it at the right time then you won't take damage. I always hated how Skyrim never had Tower Shields, I'd have expected them to have them to combat magic or archers.. but nooo.. small shields.. they'll do just fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine! What a joke.

Edited by Kerberus14