Getting Avast Alerts while surfing nexus

Crossforge

Looking at the URL that is being blocked, it is not a Nexus URL. And is not even an advertising company URL. And it is for a png file which we don't support. My guess is you are being redirected. Looking at the actual URL, it looks like a ligit site belonging to this site

YDesign Group is an online-led retailer offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furnishings, and decorative plumbing to design driven consumers and trade professionals.

And that site seems to be what is getting the virus warning. :psyduck:

I was told by a friend how to check some parts of the page. and you are correct it seems like the broken photo links in that page are redirecting to another unrelated website for some reason. Strange indeed.

The site http://y-design.promagnumcorp.com is being blocked by ESET.

promagnumcorp address as listed is recognized as a mailware site according to

http://www.malware-traffic-analysis.net/2015/01/15/index.html

However according to google page it should not be lsted as suspicious.

http://www.malware-traffic-analysis.net/2015/01/15/index.html

I learned a few things today.. :geek: and in the end .. just as confused as what is going on.. I will leave it in your hands as I posted more in the last two days than I have in the past year.. lol

Thanks

Hmmm, now that you guys have mentioned it, its possible the alerts piggy backed from a site hosting the pics for me too. I was looking for some elven armors for Sevenbase around the net and several used the Skyrim Sexy Vanilla armor for unp and sevenbase as a base requirment for their mods. And I think both alerts might have come from that page, here's the link to the mod page in question. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34160/?

Again, it doesn't happen everytime I go to the page, so it could have been some random malicious code from the pic site in question.

In addition Avast flagged wyre bash as suspected evo-gen, but I believe that's a false positive.

What kind of ads are you guys using btw? I want to support the site, but I'm also worried about screwing up my computer, it's brand new.

I checked the link and I get no such issue. There isn't any photos or other links that are like what I described. Don't know what is causing your problems there.. sorry.

To answer the last question on the ads and support.

Quote from the Premium Membership page.

Premium Membership can be bought for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months or for a lifetime (lifetime membership will never expire). If your Premium Membership expires your account is automatically moved in to our "Supporter" membership group that continues to offer you some perks including a completely ad free browsing experience on all the Nexus sites. Even if you buy one month of Premium Membership you'll never see an ad on the Nexus sites again. For life!

So buy a premimum membership... then no more Ads.. Problem solved. No more worries about Ads and whatnot.

It's a webhost that someone at some point may have served malware from, that doesn't mean the host itself is bad. The author of that mod probably had the images hosted there once and now doesn't, there's nothing strange about it, people embed images from other sites all the time.

I'm getting an alert from Malwarebytes for data.rtbfy.com ("data.rtbfy.com is attempting to make an outbound connection"). It happens after downloading anything from Skyrim Nexus (haven't tested this on other nexus pages yet though). What I do know is that it's a cookie and I've verified this by deleting all cookies and the problem goes away until I come back to the Nexus. MIght be related to this issue?

• 3 weeks later...