Races and Body types overhaul [idea/WIP]

0xid

Hi everyone,

I am not the most experient modder by any means. Hell, it's 2015, Fallout 3 is soon 7 years old!

anyways, in 7 years, I noticed no one, except a couple people have remembered that in F3 everyone is so the athletic model type, there are no thin, fat, muscular or otherwise in any way physically different.

We all know, female vs male body mods exist in a 1000000000000:1 ratio, so to speak. There is even a mod trying to assign different bodies to NPC's.

Brothers, Sisters, the answer is much simpler.

I downloaded a bunch of different bodies, both male and female. Fired up the GECK, created new races. A "FAT" race, a "MUSCULAR" race, and so on. All with appropriate male and female bodies.

You know what? IT WORKS! now comes a problem with it:

Armors.

Armors are designed to have a body model attached, so that the actual body is removed and replaced by this (not so) clever body+armor combo. Boom! My fat dude is thin again when he gets dressed... so much for realism and immersion...

What I'm trying to say here is, I'm no modeller (although texture work is ok by me), much less of a scripter, but with the right help we could revive the NPC's in Fallout 3, even making them compatible with Ling's Coiffure (A pre-requisite IMO).

The mod goes like:

1.the default bodies are Breeze and Type 3

2.the new races use all/most of the available body types in the nexus, some would even need an appropriate male counterpart.

3.armors would exist for ALL body types. Some already have conversions (most vanilla armors), just a case of getting them from their authors.

4.the tricky part: I didn't find a way to limit specific equipment to specific races. I think a script would have to handle this. OR self control...

5:Player customization is automatically available by now. NPC would have to be changed, for example, slaves using a body type close to the ghouls', melee types using muscular bodies, some rich NPCs being fat, and so on.

So, this is my humble great idea. Anyone would like to jump on board?

.esp attached only for analisys purposes. Required data files are too big, and require permission from the authors. You may open the .esp in TESnip or FO3edit to see what I did.

Hardest part of this whole mod would be making the armors for every body type with working dismemberment and VATS, that is alot of work which is why its never been done because your asking someone to pretty much remake every armor for males and females many times over lol.

Indeed, the thing is, for the most common body types there are already armor replacers. we don't have to reinvent the wheel, and I'd hate to include hundreds of body types. Let's say we'd settle for only a few. Breeze and T3 already have a full wardrobe, then we'd add some more common body types (muscular, fat, thin, starving) and convert the armors accordingly.

I'm looking into the modelling part by myself. Sometimes just scaling the armors is (almost) enough.