Main Menu Not Appearing/Crashing At Menu With Any Mods

Spiderpigg

Hello, so I seem to be experiencing an issue where if I load up Fallout 3 (from FOMM, with FOSE) with any mods the game will either simply sit at slides and

music without any menu buttons appearing or will crash to the desktop (the game works fine vanilla). Before I go any further, here is my mod list:

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
CRAFT.esm
CALIBR.esm
Project Beauty.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
EVE.esm
Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp
Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp
DarNifiedUIF3.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional VATS Halftime.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty (Followers Enhanced).esp
WeaponModKits.esp
WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp
WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp
WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp
WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp
WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp
WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp
EVE.esp
EVE - FWE Master Release.esp
EVE - FWE Master Release (Follower Enhanced).esp
EVE Operation Anchorage.esp
EVE - FWE with WeaponModKits.esp
EVE Anchorage - FWE DLC Anchorage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + DLCs.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + Project Beauty.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp
Total active plugins: 53
Total plugins: 56

I appreciate that it is probably some silly error resulting from me not knowing what I am doing, but would appreciate a response nonetheless.

Would you provide your equipment specs?

Except for an few unnecessary plugins, I don't see anything wrong.

You don't need FWE-Project Beauty, you have the Followers Enhanced version. The same holds true for EVE.

Move WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release to the end of the WMK plugins.

Marts Mutant Mod-Tougher Traders, Zones Respawn and Natural Selection are included in FWE, so disable and uninstall them.

You can also do away with Marts Mutant Mod-FWE Master Release, you have the Master Release + DLCs.

You should check Blackened for patches http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18173/?

Would you provide your equipment specs?

Except for an few unnecessary plugins, I don't see anything wrong.

You don't need FWE-Project Beauty, you have the Followers Enhanced version. The same holds true for EVE.

Move WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release to the end of the WMK plugins.

Marts Mutant Mod-Tougher Traders, Zones Respawn and Natural Selection are included in FWE, so disable and uninstall them.

You can also do away with Marts Mutant Mod-FWE Master Release, you have the Master Release + DLCs.

You should check Blackened for patches http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/18173/?

So my processor is an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor and my video card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, my OS is windows 7.

I started up the game without issues with no mods, so I'm guessing it's a mod related issue at hand here.

I also updated my mods list with the blackened patches and the unified versions of EVE and MM:

Fallout3.esm

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm

CRAFT.esm

CALIBR.esm

Project Beauty.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

EVE.esm

Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp

Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp

DarNifiedUIF3.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional VATS Halftime.esp

Blackened FWE + MMM + EVE + Project Beauty.esp

WeaponModKits.esp

WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp

WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp

WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp

WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp

WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp

WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp

Total active plugins: 35

Total plugins: 39

Still crashes after a couple slides of the menu.

The Blackened patch only works with the Paradox Ignition version of MMM. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/16787/?

Since you have the additional and unnecessary plugins for MMM, I would assume you are not using that version. If you are, disable and uninstall MMM-Natural Selection, Tougher Traders and Zones Respawn. Also, they are part of FWE.

I really don't see any problem with your load order. It could be a problem with the install location (Program Files) and/or you have not reduced your quad core CPU to two cores.

You should disable all your mods. Start the game and play through the opening sequences to just before you exit the vault tunnel. Make a save and then exit the tunnel. Make another save.

Now, add your mods one at a time, by groups (all FWE, all WMK, all Project Beauty) checking in the game to ensure they are working. When you duplicate the crash, the last mod is the problem.

If you are trying to play from the beginning and go through the tutorial, remember Fallout 3 was originally published to run without mods. After I had to wipe my hard drive and do a complete reinstall, I had a problem at the birth scene.

The game would freeze and the only way I could exit was to use the task manager. When I disabled all my mods I could continue to the birthday party. At that point I re-activated my mods.

The Blackened patch only works with the Paradox Ignition version of MMM. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/16787/?

Since you have the additional and unnecessary plugins for MMM, I would assume you are not using that version. If you are, disable and uninstall MMM-Natural Selection, Tougher Traders and Zones Respawn. Also, they are part of FWE.

I really don't see any problem with your load order. It could be a problem with the install location (Program Files) and/or you have not reduced your quad core CPU to two cores.

You should disable all your mods. Start the game and play through the opening sequences to just before you exit the vault tunnel. Make a save and then exit the tunnel. Make another save.

Now, add your mods one at a time, by groups (all FWE, all WMK, all Project Beauty) checking in the game to ensure they are working. When you duplicate the crash, the last mod is the problem.

If you are trying to play from the beginning and go through the tutorial, remember Fallout 3 was originally published to run without mods. After I had to wipe my hard drive and do a complete reinstall, I had a problem at the birth scene.

The game would freeze and the only way I could exit was to use the task manager. When I disabled all my mods I could continue to the birthday party. At that point I re-activated my mods.

Thank you, I started on this and may have found the problem: I started it up both normal and FOSE, no mods, and it would crash the same.

I removed the archive invalidation, and it would load to the menu just fine.

Any ideas on how to fix that, could it be my steam install location?

Edit: My program files are also on a seperate drive. Which does not have room for it.

Edit #2: Menu loads after deleting the darnifieduI stuff, hmm.

Edited by Spiderpigg

If you are launching the game with FOMM, you do not need the separate ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! file. It is included in FOMM. Regardless, have you installed the Games for Windows Live client? And the 1.7 Patch?

Please see: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1465357-installing-fallout-3-with-windows-78-and-xp/

Did you get the DarNUI by following the link on the FWE page? You need DarNified UI F3, Alpha 11.1

Edited by M48A5