[LE] Enable NPCs to mount Dragons.

dixon87

Is it possible to pair an NPC to a Dragon? I have looked all over, and this is never spoken of anywhere, yay or nay.

I built a custom Dragon Rider NPC and its Custom Dragon, and added them to the factions I thought were right, built a new faction for them, gave them the proper perks, (TameDragonActivatePerk I found on Miraak, and others) etc, and still it wouldn't pair. I looked for the script that mounts Miraak, and could not find it. I know the event is heavily scripted.

So, could somebody be so kind as to tell me how, if possible, to do it so I can?

Were you trying the same method with packages to pair a horse with the NPC? Because I don't think that would work, but it is always worth a try. Along with that perk, and the NPC you made, try following this tutorial to see if you can pair them with packages:

Again, I really don't know if this will work, but it seems nobody else has yet come up with a solution.

Edited by CoffeeAddictUK

Thank you for a reply.

Yes, I was trying to manually pair them with the command, MountActor. It would say the Dragon is not an eligible mount, when I did so.

I have not tried this, so I will, but I have a feeling the Dragon won't have the "NPC Ownership" option.

I did it. I needed to add them to the proper factions and give them a high relationship rank, so they don't fight each other, then, I made the Dragon to be owned by the Rider, and I added the TameDragonActivatePerk to the Rider, and the right Key Words to the Dragon, and HUZZAH, I did it!

(At first I used the travel script, but that screwed with the combat, and he would rarely auto-mount, but now I just manually mount the Rider to the Dragon, and it works.)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...