(WIP)The Ashlands (PLAY TESTERS WANTED!)

EpicXTitanProductions

Note: This mod is currently a work in progress and will not be uploaded until it is complete. I consider it to be in pre-pre alpha. Projected release date: Late Summer/Fall 2015

The Ashlands

This mod will be the story of a particular wastelander's experience in the "Ashlands", named by the inhabitants of the Asheville ruins and surrounding area. Set in 2281, the courier will delve into the ruins of the post-great war Asheville, and join the fight between the Nova Portus Rangers and an expeditionary BoS force. The story will focus on the hope of salvation and the Brotherhood's lust for control over technology.

Now you may be thinking to yourself: "Well this is great and all, but do you have anything to show?"

Yes indeed I do!

Images! (contents of which are likely to change)

More images to come. Curse you picture posting max!

FAQ:

Q: How long has this mod been in production?

A: Since September 17th, 2014. I've taken probably a total of 2 months in break time.

Q: Why the long production time?

A: Why is BGS taking so long for Fallout 4? Quality over quantity.

Q: Do you need help with anything?

A: Yes, see below.

Q: Can I play test this?

A: Yes you can, and I will appreciate it very much. PM me.

Q: What exactly are you looking for?

A: I will really need experienced scripters, armor modelers/texturers, and voice actors.

Q: How big is the worldspace?

A: It's about 18x18 cells. So think Big MT or Zion.

Q: Does Nova Portus mean anything?

A: Yes, Nova means "new" in Portuguese and Portus means "haven" in Latin. Is it an incorrect and unethical thing to improperly combine to languages? Maybe. Do I care? No, I like how it sounds.

Q: How will this mod be implemented into Fallout: New Vegas?

A: It will behave like a DLC.

Q: Do you think Fallout 4 will be announced at E3?

A: Yes. Bethsoft cannot mess this up, right?

Q: What will this mode require?

A: The masters for this file as of now are: LR, HH, DM, GRA, OWB, Speedy Resources, and FNV Interiors Core. This may or may not change.

Q: How much custom content will be implemented into this mod?

A: I don't know. I plan on having some custom music, but that is a big if. I also plan on asking Millenia if I can implement WotNM as an optional version. I like to plan on some custom armor and unique weapons, but that is a big if as well.

Special thanks to Someguy2K for the inspiration.

Big thanks to dangman4ever for saving my sanity and mod by informing me of the backup folder.

Edited by EpicXTitanProductions

Looks really cool. I like the idea of having the hope of humanity vs. the Brotherhood. That's the vibe I got from the first couple games that hasn't been present in newer entries.

Anyway, if you need playtesters, I'm willing to do it. Can't really help with voice acting, as I don't have and real experience with it and my mic is so-so.

That worldspace just looks absolutely incredible. Man, I wish I had half the design skill that you have.

In terms of assisting, I'd love to do some playtesting and help out where I can!

if you need some voices, send some scripts my way.

check out my demo reel to hear what mods I've been in.

www.elijahlucian.ca/voice

also I can cast both males and females for your mod as well.

Update:

Landscape for the worldspace is nearly finished. Though that is nearly finished, the worldspace still needs touch ups, a lot of texturing, navmeshing, and to be fully populated with objects. Interior cells are no where near finished, as my focus has been primarily on the worldspace. The world size is 18x18.

image!

I expect to be finished with the worldspace by the end of next month or hopefully sooner if time permits. Still pushing for a release time of late Summer to mid Fall.