45 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598,505 posts
Frostfall Patch - Changing Seasons

Adds seasonally relevant temperature variations to Frostfall. Winter really is colder now, and you'll want to stay south for a few months.

Avastgard

Avastgard

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts
Will this be (visually) compatible with mods like Real Shelter and No Snow Under the Roof?

Angrypheonix

Angrypheonix

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
now we need a mod that automatically makes skyrim change its foliage determined by whatever season it is, like the dawnguard castle entrance

ah42

ah42

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Will this be (visually) compatible with mods like Real Shelter and No Snow Under the Roof?

This doesn't change any visual elements. I believe it would be unlikely to conflict with anything.

Kev18

Kev18

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
Il give it a try :)

ah42

ah42

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

now we need a mod that automatically makes skyrim change its foliage determined by whatever season it is, like the dawnguard castle entrance

Heh, A proper dynamic seasons mod is my end goal... however unrealistic it may seem. This is my starting point.

It's always much easier to modify something existing than to start something anew.

mattwoodmansee

mattwoodmansee

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
In response to post #22644204.

I guess it would only be temp conflicting, if you're june, july and august are above freezing in the northern areas, then it'll seem odd that the snow placed by 'no snow under the roof' was still there....

Edited by mattwoodmansee, 15 February 2015 - 08:54 AM.

UV777

UV777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
This sounds great. One issue tho with people that are using CoT might be that this mod might not make any difference in immersion.
I'll explain. From my experience, as it is now at least in my game with Frostfall and CoT, when Frostfall gives you info about the weather changes, they might not make sense at all because of what CoT is actually showing you. For example a message along the lines of "clouds clear up and the sun is radiant" but it is still cloudy as all hell and it's still raining. Like I said, at least in my game. Or I might not be aware of a patch between those 2 or a certain load order.

Anyway, my point is, if anyone is using CoT with Frostfall, this mod might not make sense making the cold areas not so cold in summer when CoT brings about a raging blizzard.

Would be great if all 3 mods could play nice together. :(

I will still check it out to see how it works tho. :)

Thanks for the mod.

TheHavokEngine

TheHavokEngine

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
In response to post #22644294.

This is an excellent starting point for such a thing. A little while ago, there was a thread on reddit about having a program cycle Skyrim though the different Seasons of Skyrim overhauls based on the ingame calendar date. If you manage to get such a thing to work, that'd be really cool.

Azulyn

Azulyn

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
So would this be compatible with pure weathers?

Page loaded in: 0.650 seconds