• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

dcd111

dcd111

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
I really like the idea of this, sounds like it could add some interesting choices to gameplay. Should I visit Winterhold now, or wait until the warmer seasons? Can I wrap up my quests in the far north before the cold makes travel more difficult? I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

ah42

ah42

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Would it be possible to have the season affect the times sun rises and night falls? Longer days in summer, shorter in winter, etc. Visually, and mechanically, as in the period sunlight affects vampires (and other sunlight dependent effects if there are any).

EDIT: And of course, the Frostfall day/night temperature differences would be affected, too.

Great idea. Keep them coming.

I'm starting to think I should have made this a Mod in its own right, with added Frostfall compatibility. I'm willing to implement anything I can figure out that's related to seasonl changes.

...and no, I haven't yet figured out the impossible seasonal bit, but I'm still learning!

dallas8

dallas8

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
In response to post #22764359.

<3 - Thank you for making my skyrim experience that much harder. Its an odd form of masochism, but I love it.

AtirusGaming

AtirusGaming

Destroyer of Tacos

• Premium Member
  • 1,650 posts
Trying this now. I use USKP and when I updated it this past week it kind of messed up Frostfall's exposure system. I don't know how or why but I think it might have overwritten some Frostfall stuff. I hope it doesn't do that to this! Also is this compatible with Wet and Cold: Holidays? I know you can randomize the month/date on that mod so I hope there is no conflict.

*UPDATE* - Yep compatible with Wet & Cold: Holidays and your mod also fixed my USKP problem as well! I will sing your praises cause now I can play Skyrim again! ENDORSED!

Edited by AtirusGaming, 24 February 2015 - 11:05 PM.

AtirusGaming

AtirusGaming

Destroyer of Tacos

• Premium Member
  • 1,650 posts
I have a question. Does the exposure change drastically according to the weather? I had drops where my exposure was at +20 and then walking around it dropped to +5 but yet the sun was still radiant and it was a clear day. Also when you enter cold areas exposure drops instantly to -25 and then when you got to warmer area it takes FOREVER to go up. I waited 20 minutes after hitting -25...I was at -18! I don't get it...exposure is fast to drop but VERY slow to go back up. And yes I know building a campfire will increase my exposure but so should warm weather after being in cold areas.

Edited by AtirusGaming, 26 February 2015 - 10:47 PM.

groundncenter

groundncenter

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I was just looking for something like this. Thank you!

ah42

ah42

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I have a question. Does the exposure change drastically according to the weather? I had drops where my exposure was at +20 and then walking around it dropped to +5 but yet the sun was still radiant and it was a clear day. Also when you enter cold areas exposure drops instantly to -25 and then when you got to warmer area it takes FOREVER to go up. I waited 20 minutes after hitting -25...I was at -18! I don't get it...exposure is fast to drop but VERY slow to go back up. And yes I know building a campfire will increase my exposure but so should warm weather after being in cold areas.

Sounds like it's wintertime. What's the in-game date?

AtirusGaming

AtirusGaming

Destroyer of Tacos

• Premium Member
  • 1,650 posts
In response to post #23097559.

Nope. It is the 15th of MidYear...start of summer.

Kallo03

Kallo03

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
This is a great accompanying mod. It is, of course, missing the snow on the ground in the winter. Which is something I really wanted for my experience playing the game. So far the closest mod I've seen to accomplishing that (and mind you I don't have much modding experience) is Climates of Tamriel with it's sub-version for a Skyrim winter. Only problem is I'd have to quit the game and manually disable the mod every in game summer.

I know it would be difficult but do let me know if you ever accomplish full seasons.

AtirusGaming

AtirusGaming

Destroyer of Tacos

• Premium Member
  • 1,650 posts
In response to post #23150429.

People have discussed this and 100% sure it is impossible to change seasons without disabling/enabling mods. I know even Bethesda worked on that for Skyrim and could never get it to work properly. Just one of those things that they may have for us in Elder Scrolls VI.

Page loaded in: 0.722 seconds