No One Escapes Cidha Mine!

Yoroiookami

Hello. So today I encountered this legendary bug of not being able to start the follow up quest to "Forsworn Conspiracy" called "No One Escapes The Cidha Mine" or something like that. I've been looking for a solution for literally two hours now, but sadly I always end up in the same place.

Let me explain to you what happens and what I've tried to do to fix it.

1. Even though (According to the quest) I didn't find proof for Weylin being involved, I'm at the last step of the quest, telling me to go back to the Temple of Talos.

2. When I go to the temple, my quest giver is dead and I'm being threatened by the guard. The "Forsworn Conspiracy" quest is completed at this mark.

3. Submitting ("Fine I'll go to jail") ends up in me not being able to interact with anything nor use my weapons. Additionally guards attack me.

4. Choosing to fight results in me murdering the guards. If I leave the temple, another guard tells me that I'm going to jail for conspiracy. If I submit, it will bug and he will ask me again if I want to submit, pay fine or fight. If I choose submission, I will go to jail, but the quest won't start.

5. I already tried using commands such as "setstage 01 ms100", "setstage 01 ms95", "setstage 02 ms1", "setstage 02 ms10" etc. They simply either won't work at all, or have the same buggy effect as just finishing the quest manually.

6. Since these commands won't teleport me to the jail by themselves, I've tried accessing the cell from the outside, both before finishing the quest, after finishing the quest, and after using the command to start the follow up quest. It had no effect. I tried breaking into my cell, but the door "Require a key". Even after stealing that key from the guards, the game still won't let me to open these door. Additionally, sometimes I can't interact with them at all. Same goes for those chain-levers in the guard's room. They won't react.

7. I tried using "EnablePlayerControl" command thingy in order to use these blocked door/levers. It doesn't work for me. Frankly, I'm not sure what it does.

8. I have two followers (Though removing one doesn't fix the problem); I killed Weylin; I murdered the guy who sent these murderers after me; I use a couple of mods that are mostly asthetic.

These are the only reasons why it wouldn't work, at least by my own fault.

Does anyone know a sure-proof method of fixing this? Aside from starting the entire game all over again, hoping it would work?

Edited by Yoroiookami

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't receive any help for over a month, but I can't say I blame you guys. Just wanted to make an update.

For some reason, after completing countless Dark Brotherhood quests, then going for Fort Sungard and going back to the Brotherhood (Dawnstar) resulted in me completing the quest "Forsworn Conspiracy". No idea why. It didn't start the follow up quest neither.