White Screen at Solas Revelation/Finding Skyhold

naomis8329

So I got to this part today (solas, white screen etc), found this thread and tried it, but when I try to load my save it says "This save data was created with a newer version of the game. please download the latest patch and try again". So I guess my save is dependent on the mods?

After going through Repair game and verifying everything, trying to use packages both with mods and with only the patch like suggested I can't get on my save at all now, even with the mods that worked before the verifying etc :/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, those pesky mods! Despite how extensively I've modded DAO and DA2, I've resisted modding DAI for exactly this reason.

It's just too soon. Patch 5 is Coming Soon, and Patch 6 won't be far behind. Until the game is truly stable, (from the devs' POV) I think it's too risky to start employing any mods. "Risky" in the sense that one might not be able to load one's saved games.

I've already had to come to grips with the fact that my current playthrough will have to be abandoned (for the time being) because it was created under the Patch 5 Beta. Until some components of that patch are made publically available, my saves will be orphaned and unusable. :confused:

Well that save is completely lost it seems so that's 20 hours down :p Is there any way to know which mods will affect my save? Is it only the ones like no fall damage, increased inventory space etc that get "integrated" to the save or do basic texture mods like outfits do aswell?

Drudle, were you able to get it to work?

I encountered the same issue, where I tried simply removing the contents of the "merged" folder and restored a backup patch, but I got the same error message you did. Unwilling to lose 30 hours playing time (and finally beating behemoth!Denham on nightmare), I was not about to lose my progress, so I made a brand new merged file with the official patch and nothing else. I played the cutscene, hideous beige pajamas and all, then made another merged file with my mods installed. It was a cumbersome process, but it worked.

Hey guys. Sorry for the late reply.

To manage to get your save working again you must check the 'Force rescan of Patch'. That will do something that I don't know what, but works :)

and now because of the latest patch, the game won't work at all lol...

Well done EA

I just want to elaborate on the process of how to fix this problem (mostly because it took me a little while to fix).

This is what I did step by step (thanks to those who posted this fix):

1. Deleted the "Patch" and "Merged" folders in the DA:I update folder.

2. Repaired DA:I from the origin "My Games" tab. (this should place a new "Patch" folder in the update folder)

3. Create an empty "Merged" folder inside the DA Update folder.

4. Open DAIModManager (should only display "Official Patch") and merge only the official patch into the previously created "Merged" folder.

5. Rename the "Patch" folder to anything other than "Patch".

6. Rename the "Merged" folder to "Patch".

This should let you continue the cut scenes without the infinite white screen. Once you finish the cut scenes you can save and reapply your mods.

I just want to elaborate on the process of how to fix this problem (mostly because it took me a little while to fix).

This is what I did step by step (thanks to those who posted this fix):

1. Deleted the "Patch" and "Merged" folders in the DA:I update folder.

2. Repaired DA:I from the origin "My Games" tab. (this should place a new "Patch" folder in the update folder)

3. Create an empty "Merged" folder inside the DA Update folder.

4. Open DAIModManager (should only display "Official Patch") and merge only the official patch into the previously created "Merged" folder.

5. Rename the "Patch" folder to anything other than "Patch".

6. Rename the "Merged" folder to "Patch".

This should let you continue the cut scenes without the infinite white screen. Once you finish the cut scenes you can save and reapply your mods.

Thanks Chaseman this is the proper combination to make the white screen move on, brilliant !

Now you must remember to create a new patch (to replace the one in "Merged"), then delete the contents of the "Patch" file you created and copy the new 'Merged' file in that folder for your mods to work.

It keeps telling me that my save was created with an earlier patch. Considering v1.6 is the latest patch I can't understand what is going on.

If I try merging my mods and patch and transferring the merged file into the Patch file, the load gets to 112000kb then stops and nothing happens.

I'm totally stymied now and feel that perhaps I should just wait until a stable version of the game is released and start again.

• 2 weeks later...