White Screen at Solas Revelation/Finding Skyhold

naomis8329

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

People, you don't have to do all this... Apparently, at least for me and the person I got this tip from, all you need to do is remove any eye texture mods. Yeah you read that right... I have no idea why eye textures affect the cut scene but I tested it and it works. This way you can still enjoy your mods through the cut scene and just re-add your eye tex mods whenever you get around to it. Hope this helps, if it does you can thanks someone named Adia.

S.S.

Edited by XxDeadlyDiagnosisxX

• 4 weeks later...

People, you don't have to do all this... Apparently, at least for me and the person I got this tip from, all you need to do is remove any eye texture mods. Yeah you read that right... I have no idea why eye textures affect the cut scene but I tested it and it works. This way you can still enjoy your mods through the cut scene and just re-add your eye tex mods whenever you get around to it. Hope this helps, if it does you can thanks someone named Adia.

S.S.

WOW It works well. I can still enjoy my mods. Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

S.S.

Confirmed. Deleting the EYES mod has solved the problem with white screen in that cutscene, thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just want to elaborate on the process of how to fix this problem (mostly because it took me a little while to fix).

This is what I did step by step (thanks to those who posted this fix):

1. Deleted the "Patch" and "Merged" folders in the DA:I update folder.

2. Repaired DA:I from the origin "My Games" tab. (this should place a new "Patch" folder in the update folder)

3. Create an empty "Merged" folder inside the DA Update folder.

4. Open DAIModManager (should only display "Official Patch") and merge only the official patch into the previously created "Merged" folder.

5. Rename the "Patch" folder to anything other than "Patch".

6. Rename the "Merged" folder to "Patch".

This should let you continue the cut scenes without the infinite white screen. Once you finish the cut scenes you can save and reapply your mods.

Yeah this does nothing. I just get an error that says "task failed" only a few files in. thanks for trying i guess

Edited by Grox9994