• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

manmanchan

manmanchan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
hey sorry to bother but will it able to input hexcode?

RetupmocSoft

RetupmocSoft

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
0.5b has "Export" hex code,

but how to "Import" a hex code to save file ??

undoriel

undoriel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Why You want to import a hex code into save game since u can transfer from .fg files, fnv saves, fo3 saves and oblivion saves?

If you want to create a character preset then u need to use GECK and FNVEdit.

mortis venunum

mortis venunum

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
You saved me, big thank you to you
I got big problems with the heinous preset NV
thx

scanti

scanti

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 25 posts

I have given this file my endorsement.

Useful tool, but please don't use a 2 MB installer for a 55 KB exe. It's your mod, but it took me 10 minutes to install, get the file I wanted and uninstall. Have a heart with us people.

As it uses Microsoft's .NET libraries, if you don't have all the required system files it won't work and Microsoft's error messages are pretty useless. So instead of troubleshooting those people that need to update I just put everything into an installer which should update any missing/old system files. It makes the download bigger but it makes things easier for me in the long run.

ysjeed

ysjeed

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
i m having a "Delimiter character not found at position 4396" can someone help me thanks!

WETmatches16

WETmatches16

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
If you're having the "Delimiter character not found at position" error, here's the solution.

Step 1: Load up the save, in which you are going to be receiving the new face.

Step 2: Type "showplasticsurgeonmenu" into the console and randomize your face. Accept the changes. (This fixes the delimiter error.)

Step 3: Type "showracemenu" and make sure your race is the same race as the input file. (This tool only adjusts face sliders, it will not change your race for you.)

Step 4: Change your Hair Style, Hair Color, and Facial Hair to what the input file looks like. (This tool only adjusts face sliders, it will not change your hair for you.)

Step 5: Load up FaceGen Exchange.exe and swap faces!

---

note: Using "showracemenu" will cause your perks/traits to stop working.

To fix this, you will need to use the console to remove, then add your perks back in one by one.

Step 1: I recommend running New Vegas in a low resolution windowed mode. (This helps you alt tab out, several times in a row, without the risk of a CTD.)

Step 2: type "player.removeperk xxxxxxxx". Close your console.

Step 3: type "player.addperk xxxxxxxx". Close your console.

You can find perk "codes" here
http://fallout.wikia...New_Vegas_perks

and trait "codes" here.
http://fallout.wikia...ew_Vegas_traits

---

note: You will also get the delimiter error if your player's name consists of only one letter, in either of your savegames. Change your name by typing "shownamemenu" into the console.

---

note: Using "shownamemenu" will cause.. haha just kidding. Enjoy your new face!!

Let me know if this post helped. Kudos to me if it does! Thanks. =P

Edited by WETmatches16, 10 November 2010 - 02:17 PM.

Snorlex

Snorlex

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Let's say I want to start a new game with the same character face I created when I first started. But I have no idea how to create that same/exact face. Can this help me?

I like want to "import" the old face to the new game.

Edited by Snorlex, 11 November 2010 - 02:45 AM.

WETmatches16

WETmatches16

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Download this file.

Double click FaceGen Exchange.exe

For the "input file" locate your "character face I created when I first started" save game file. (Documents/My Games/FalloutNV/Saves)

For "output file" choose your new game's save file. (Documents/My Games/FalloutNV/Saves)

If you have an error, follow my tutorial I stayed up all night writing.

scanti

scanti

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 25 posts

i m having a "Delimiter character not found at position 4396" can someone help me thanks!

That position is too early in the file, it's probably in the screen shot data area. What's probably happened is that your character's name is too short for the program to find a unique match. (The way it works is that it gets the name of your character from the file header. Searches for that name in the save file and the facegen data is a set number of bytes from that name depending on the type of save file). Try changing your name using the method WETmatches16 suggested.

Page loaded in: 0.710 seconds