⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

I can't get any Mods to work.

cow042

I am starting to feel like an idiot because even following the simple steps that are put with the premade mods, I can't get a single mod to work. I download the files and put them in the location described in the descriptions, but the mods won't work. I would like to try to mod the game myself, but don't want to start until I know that I am installing mods made by others correctly. Is there something simple that I am missing that would be obvious to someone who has modded before?

I am putting the files in C:\Users\User\Documents\DyingLight folder and they still are not working.

Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

Edit: I am on V 1.4

Edited by cow042

They have screwed up everything for modding with patch 1.4.0 even when they did say in the change log that it supports modding?, but i can't get any mods to work any more so i reverted back to 1.3.0

i'm in the same boat, whether I have to put the files in the data3.pak or just into documents/dyinglight, I can't seem to get any mods to work at all. I tried with and without dying light manager and still haven't had any luck. Starting to make me steer away from the game altogether.

• 2 months later...

That is what

You don't use "...\documents\dying light". You put your "data3.pak" to "...steam\steamapps\common\dying light\dw" folder.

That is what i actually do but then the message appears saying that Dying light can not be launched as some of the files are corrupted. BTW I am on 1.5 version. Any leads?

That is what

You don't use "...\documents\dying light". You put your "data3.pak" to "...steam\steamapps\common\dying light\dw" folder.

That is what i actually do but then the message appears saying that Dying light can not be launched as some of the files are corrupted. BTW I am on 1.5 version. Any leads?

It's possible that the Data3.pak file for the mod you are trying to run is not configured properly. (compression, structure, error in files, etc.)

First, which mod Data3.pak file are you attempting to put in your "Dying Light/DW" folder that is causing this?

Have your tried removing that Data3.pak file and placing the Data3.pak of a different mod in there? Is the resulting error the same?

Edited by StinVec