Creation Kit: How to create markers for the bound and shackled animations

RogueReverie

So I've been working on a dungeon/prison for awhile and I've noticed that there are some markers for these animations, however, when I have a follower and I select the option that asks them to do something (like move there, sit here, etc.), there still isn't an option for them to use these markers that I've placed. The ones in particular are the wall shackle animation and the bound animation.

I'm assuming the markers that I placed are only for static characters, like they will only work for npcs that I've placed in the cell before my character loads the area. Is there a way I can make the marker act so that it is a usable animation?

You don't need markers, you need furniture objects. The one in question is called "ShackleWallMarker".

And the necessary animations are called "furniture animations". You find them in Animations under "0_master.hkx" - ActionActivate - ActionRootChar - Chair - ShackleWallRoot. They need to be called with SitTarget packages, and require certain setup.

You can have a look in the FNIS Modder's documentation. This describes custom furniture animations, but the base information applies to the use of standard animations as well.

Edit: the bound animation is not related to the marker. You start it with Debug.SendAnimationEvent("OffsetBoundStandingStart"), and end it with Debug.SendAnimationEvent("OffsetStop")

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...