Cooking - Suggestion for a new mod

macrads

Hi

I usually use mods that increase the number of recipes, like cooking expanded, and I'm suprised that no-one has never thought of a mod that requires learning or experience points to have access to the recipes.

Cooking perks, is a cool mod that obviously uses perks, but using perks causes lots of compatibility issues.

I'm not a mod maker, but is it in anyway possible to make a mod that automatically recognizes the recipes installed (like reproccer for weapons) and then depending on the recipes cooked it will give you experience points that can be used to enable other recipes in the cooking menu. This could be done using something similar to Hunterborn, where skinning skills are increased through a dialogue box.

Any ideas on how to do this, or is there a mod out there that I've missed that does something similar to what I've described?

I'm actually working on a cooking mod right now that adds a perk tree for cooking which is an offshoot of the Alchemy Perk Tree. As you gain perks, you unlock more recipes. Starting with a simple Beef Stock and seasoning, you will work your way up to cooking meals that fortify your skills.

@macrads - It's going to be called Advanced Cooking. I plan on having a no DLC version for the 5 people that still only have Vanilla Skyrim and a version for each DLC combination. Perks suck trying to get them to work together from differn esps. The Dawnguard versions adds a new power for Vampire Hunters. Easier to make the power a requirement to unlock the perk than a script. Vampires require the Vanilla power Life Drain to unlock their own perk. It's coming along nicely. Recipes are changed to require certain perks and items now. New recipes are included also.

On a secondary note I know people will be requesting SkyRe, PerMa, Reqrium, and SPERG patches. They will come in time after the main mod is done and released.