Scripts for Arrow recovery and other stuff.....

skibadaa

Hi all!

I have authored a mod that adds several types of new arrows and a bow to the game. I would like to make these arrows not show up on the inventory of enemies that are killed by them, or failing that have a unusable version of them be show up.

I would also like to make it so that when the Bow from my mod is being used the range and speed of the projectile is increased, so in essence Ide like to assign 2 projectiles to an ammunition type and have the type of bow used decide which projectile is fired. In my headcanon that would need a script that checks the player inventory for a specific Bow and Arrow equip combination and assigns the correct projectile type on the fly.

I am under the impression that the above effects are only achieveable by writing new scripts, something I have no idea how to do. With that in mind I was hoping to draw on the communities' experience, any suggestions on where to start, existing scripts that could be usefull, any advice at all really would be super appreciated.