Banner Saga Style Armors

ianbalisy

Hi all, the short version is that I would like to see a mod that introduces Banner Saga style clothing-armors (worn by humans) to the game. See armors here.

Reasoning:

As someone who seeks out mods primarily to expand the possibilities for character creation and world immersion, I consider having to compromise when selecting armor or weapons for a character build one of the worst ways to break immersion. If I want a character to look a certain way (always lore friendly), I will always find the mods I need to make it so. However, after greatly enjoying the aesthetic of the Banner Saga (and the game as a whole) I wanted to create Skyrim character builds that felt and looked the same. I ran into a brick wall of nothing when trying to find the right mods, and that had never happened before. Having created simple, personal use mods since Morrowind, my first instinct was to edit some of the preexisting clothing into armors and use that. This was less than satisfactory, as now there were farmers and merchants doing chores in the same clothes as me, and they still didn't look like Banner Saga clothes/armor.

Desired Mod:

I am hoping that someone will create a mod that includes Banner Saga style armors to the game (see link above). I am not expecting anyone will want to spend a crazy amount of time on this, and I don't think it really should. For example, a high resolution Miner's Clothes would make a good base for most of the these armors (despite needing to be cleaned up). In addition, retextures of the Gloves, Fur, Hide and Leather Boots and Hide Bracers would likely be perfect for these sets of armor. As in the images below, few of the armors would have color variations of the same base clothing-armor. Though I would like to see capes and cloaks like those in the game, this is not as imperative. In terms of sets, the character types they use for the Banner Saga (i.e., Thrasher, Spearman, Grudgewielder, Hunter, Eagle Eye, etc.) could easily be used to name the sets.

Explanation for Request:

As I said above, I have modded before; I have also done graphics work and edited textures (only for Minecraft) before. However, I would not say that my work is good quality and I would not trust myself to make a mod like this, nor do I have the time to do so. I do, on the other hand, have a great amount of respect for the modders in this community and would absolutely trust in their ability to create the mod I desire. I hope others also want to see some of these very lore-friendly clothing-armors in the game and please feel free to discuss/ask questions, etc.