How do you check an actor's actions with a script?

Cavaticus

Well, I just gave the WriteTableStanding furniture a try. Gave it all the kywds, workbenchtype etc. I could not activate it at all. I tcl-ed around where I put it but there was no activation prompt. I am about to try using a duplicated drafting table with the checkbox "IsMarker" enabled. This is said to disable the 3d model.

On a related note: do you know of an efficient way to make actors use a particular furniture item? creationkit.com says MoveTo would make an actor immediately use a furniture moved to, but that is not true, in my case, they got teleported to/on top of chairs. I browsed the other functions and could not find anything useful.

Edited by BigBizkit

Sorry, but I can't tell you what the difference is between activator and non-activator furniture. Could be, that isMarker together with a nif defined in the marker model field makes a non-activator. But that's pure speculation. I'm using a modified Searchchest since years, because for invisible furniture is not important how they are built, and I'm also not interested in the activator. If something works for NPCs, my job is done.

Moveto is definitely no way to start a furniture animation. Either with Activate() for the player, or with a sittarget package for NPCs. I don't think there are any other ways. But again, that's described in the FNIS Modders' Doc. :smile:

And btw. I saw your comment in the spears thread. About "the impossible" being made. That's simply not the case. This mod does nothing but animation replacement. It uses the same trick AP used in its first releases (end of 2011): changing the race in order overwrite the other race's animations. But that's still an animation replacer. Or why do you think this mod uses PCEA, and has a race definition called SpearAttackDataTemplate? :smile:

I guess I'll try to do it via an activation trigger, it is just an extra step after all.

The notes on creationkit.com had this to say:

"Making an actor MoveTo() a furniture reference will make the actor immediately assume the position of "using" that furniture, without playing the furniture entrance animation. Example: PlayerRef.MoveTo(BedReference) will make the player lie down on the bed reference (without playing the bed entrance animation)."

Since I wanted them warped "in" the chairs, this sounded really good, only it does not work that way. Yes, I guess I'll have to use packages even though they are a bit suboptimal for what I wanted to do.

You see, animations aren't exactly my bread and butter. What I can appreciate though is that the spears mod is the best at what it does so far (adding spears that is) and my main point was to address the kind of users who trash the mod for not being a drag and drop install.