ENB settings help (FPS)

TransnerferN7

A few questions regarding the realvision enb. I downloaded the medium version, and walking about skyrim I found I had consistent 55-60fps. But in some parts of the cities, particulary when viewing wide areas of them, the fps drops down to 29-30 fps. And walking round cities, fps stays at around 40-50 fps and sometimes 60. I have JK's Skyrim installed, and Skyrim HD FULL + SMIM and book of silence etc. (I will post the mod list if requested).

So are there any settings I could tweak with the ENB to increase fps performance? Thanks.

P.S., whilst gaming on an MSI gtx 970 4gb im getting temperatures of around 60 degrees, is this normal?

60 degrees is fine.

press shift and enter to bring up the enb settings panel. From there you can disable Ambient Occlusion, DoF (which will almost certainly boost your fps) and some other effects like sub surface scattering (which is way too subtle to even bother keeping on) etc

JK's skyrim has just way too much clutter which in turn creates a fps loss regardless of tweaks :/

Edited by vlaka

60 degrees is very low, you shouldn't worry until it gets to like 80-90.

Anyways: Disable DOF and install: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12525/?

dynavision gives depth of field with almost no performance loss, while ENBs dof gives huge fps drops

You may also want to look into overclocking, gtx 970 uses very low power, I succesfully added 87 mv, 100mhz clock and 200mhz memory clock. msi has a very popular overclocking tool: afterburner, which is quite easy to use.

Another thing you may want to do, before launching skyrim open task messenger, disable all useless processes, launch skyrim, right click the skyrim and enb processes and set their CPU priority to high (never on realtime) and steams priority to low.

Edited by kniggit92