Why would Morrigan want the Old God Baby(OGB) if it was not to save the Warden's life?

naggar12

So Morrigan tells you at the night of the Final Battle about the Dark Ritual. She says it was Flemeth's idea and why Morrigan was sent with the Grey Warden, OK. Then Morrigan finds out that Flemeth plans on doing the thing where she takes over Morrigan's body, effectively killing Morrigan.
If that is the case then why would Morrigan still want to obey and fulfill the wish of the woman who planned to kill her? It would make sense if she was in love with the Warden and wants to save him. However she also wants to perform the Ritual even if you are not in a romance with her... Which begs the question what is Morrigan's motive for having the OGB if it was not to save her love's life? Heck she even gets in bed with Alistair whom she utterly loathes to have the OGB, why would she go to such a length to have said OGB? (Very Very minor DA:I spoiler)

I've read Kieran's(OGB) wiki entry and his involvement is fairly limited, you'd expect someone with the soul of an Old God to have more purpose.

To conclude, why would Morrigan Have the OGB if it wasn't to save the Warden's life or to serve Flemeth? What ulterior motive could she have? Are there any hints dropped about that in DA:I as i haven't played it?

Yes, you are. :yes:

Depending on a huge number of variables in your playthroughs, she may or may not even accept the Warden by the end of WH, but she's fiercely protective of her son. More (but only a little more....) follows in DA:I. :thumbsup:

ookay now i just remembered something that makes this alot more confusing, on the eve of the Final battle, Morrigan tells the warden that the dark ritual is why Flemeth sent Morrigan with the warden in the first place. What can we make of this? I dont think Flemeth would (on purpose) send Morrigan out to conceive a baby that will lead to Flemeth's demise

Missing the point. That Flemeth wants there to be an OGB doesn't mean Morrigan doesn't.

Plus, once you've played DA:I, you'll understand that it's even more complicated than that. :cool:

• 1 month later...

Realistically Morrigan should have been trying to mate when she joins the party, not on the eve of battle, one screw doesn't automatically ensure pregnancy. I don't know anything about fertility/gestation but maybe Alistair's sperm might still be trying to hit home when the archdemon dies. Fantastic